About the Role
- Supporting some of the most disadvantaged young adults in Victoria
- Develop new ways of providing mental health support to the south east
- Fantastic opportunity for new manager looking for development
Reporting to the Manager of the South & East region, you will lead and supervise a small team to deliver an exciting new program – Accessible Psychological Interventions (API) which provides mental health counselling services and group psycho-education programs to low income earners and other vulnerable demographic groups.
Specifically you will be responsible for:
- Designing psychological treatment plans using evidence based best practice
- Mentoring and developing clinicians and providing case consultancy
- Actively managing referrals and allocating cases appropriately
- Managing and monitoring client care
- Developing and evaluating curriculum for psycho-education programs
- Developing and promoting the API program
- Data collection and reporting for the South Eastern Melbourne Primary Health Network
You are a Registered psychologist or an accredited mental health social worker with postgraduate studies in counselling or clinical practice.
As an experienced practitioner you will be keen to develop or learn new management skills. You enjoy mentoring and motivating teams and will manage your own client portfolio. You will have;
- Demonstrated case work experience in counselling
- Demonstrated experience in group psycho-education or therapeutic programs .e.g. family violence and crisis intervention
- High level of interpersonal and communication skills
- Commitment and capacity to work professionally, flexibly and in the best interests of clients
- A current driver’s licence is essential
If you passionate about mental health, innovative in your approach and want to build your management skills this position offers an experienced mental health professional outstanding career opportunities.
*National police check and Working with Children Check are mandatory.
About the Organisation
LifeWorks are a relationship counselling and education service, delivering a new evidence based program to individuals, groups or families being impacted by mental health issues in Melbourne’s South Eastern corridor.
Lifeworks philosophy is that every relationship is a thread, threads which are woven together to form the tapestry of our lives and they are committed to supporting our community through life’s challenges and transitions.
Apply for this Job
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Psychologist – New program Mental Health via Pro Bono Australia.