About the Role
Student Rights Officer – Higher Degrees by Research (HDR)
RMIT University Student Union – RUSU
$84,089 Full time equivalent ($67,271 for 0.8 FTE) + Superannuation
An opportunity has arisen for a Student Rights Officer position within a fast-paced, challenging, student-focused organisation. Your skills in the area of casework, advocacy, outreach, events and support will be utilised to represent students in a complex and challenging university/higher education environment.
- Temporary 12 month contract.
- Part time – 4 days /week (Mon – Thurs), 0.8 FTE (56 hours per fortnight).
- Deliver advocacy and support for postgraduate students facing barriers resolving concerns with the university, including individual casework
- Develop and deliver an annual program of postgraduate outreach, workshops, social and networking events.
- Provide a reference point on issues affecting post graduate students
- Advise students in the development of postgraduate policies & campaigns
- This role is based at the RMIT City Campus
RMIT University Student Union (RUSU) is seeking a highly-motivated advocate who is passionate about student rights, welfare & equity issues. The focus of this role is on providing resources and support and advocating for Higher Degrees by Research students when dealing with concerns related to educational, equity and academic matters within RMIT. The position involves a substantial amount of casework and direct advocacy.
This position works closely with and resources the elected Postgraduate Officer and will involve delivering outreach campaigns and social/networking events for postgraduate students. Applicants must be skilled at working under pressure, multitasking and have advocacy, casework and outreach/events experience.
About the Organisation
Apply for this Job
For details concerning this role, please contact
Email : email@example.com
Advice to applicants:
All applications should be sent via email to firstname.lastname@example.org by 5:00pm Sunday 19 August.
Late applications WILL NOT be accepted.
To be eligible for this position you must have an appropriate visa to work in Australia/New Zealand & successfully complete a Working with Children’s Check.
For applications to be considered they MUST include:
- a detailed curriculum vitae (CV) with 2 referees, and
- a letter specifically addressing the selection criteria (from pages 5-6 of the Position Description).
For further details, email email@example.com or phone (03) 9925 9478 or 9925 1842 and ask for Alaina
Please quote in application: RMIT- Student Rights Officer – Higher Degrees by Research via Pro Bono Australia.