About the Role
Main responsibilities of the role:
The Service Development Manager will manage community partnerships, primarily focusing on practice and service development activities, including the management of the Community of Practices (CoPs). The role will be responsible for overseeing the documentation and writing of practice frameworks to inform a national framework for the NYEB, as well as developing and adapting key resources and existing tools. This includes developing and delivering training and working in collaboration with the Research and Project Coordinator.
To meet the selection criteria, candidates will require:
- Relevant tertiary qualifications or equivalent experience in the area of education, youth or community development, or related field
- Demonstrated broad knowledge and understanding of policy and practice in the area of education, employment, and disadvantage among young people in the Australian context
- Demonstrated ability to write reports for a range of audiences including government and community
- Demonstrated understanding and application of evidence based service design
- Demonstrated experience with practice development and documentation
- In depth understanding of, and experience with, community development
- Demonstrated ability to develop and facilitate training for multidisciplinary teams
- Demonstrated ability to work in collaboration with a multidisciplinary team to facilitate the translation of knowledge into strategic objectives
- Strong organisational skills and ability to manage multiple tasks with an outcome focus
- Strong skills in stakeholder engagement and management based on community development practices
- Capacity to present service models and innovations in public forums to key stakeholders such as Government Ministers and senior public servants
- Understanding and commitment to the values and ideals of the Brotherhood
- Victorian Drivers License
- Certificate 4 in Training and Assessment
- Experience in developing and managing youth-focused projects
This is a full time 12 month maximum term position working 38 hours per week.
Salary will be in the range of $83,315 to $88,315 per annum, based on skills and experience plus superannuation. Attractive salary packaging provisions are available to increase take home pay.
A copy of the position description and screening questionnaire can be downloaded at https://www.bsl.org.au/about/careers/jobs/ . For further information about the role phone Elmina Joldic on 0437 401 772.
About the Organisation
Youth Transitions Workforce
The Youth Transitions Department at the Brotherhood of St. Laurence focuses on young people aged 15 and over, who are disconnected from education or employment, to make the crucial step into the world of work. Youth Transitions has a focus on developing programs and policy positions that ensure that young people have the opportunity to engage in education, training, and employment.
National Youth Employment Body
The Brotherhood of St Laurence has been funded by the Department of Jobs and Small Business to host the establishment of a National Youth Employment Body (NYEB) over two years, commencing in 2018.The body is a forum to capture and co-create best practice youth employment service models; use existing research to inform future policy and programs; and mobilise employer effort and expertise to scale up nationally.
The NYEB will work alongside employers, the community sector, service providers, skills and training sectors, government, and young people, in up to four demonstration sites, to understand and document the enabling conditions needed to transition young people into sustainable work. The collated data and key learnings, alongside existing research on national and international evidence, will be used to inform service development to scale a national approach.
Apply for this Job
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Service Development Manager via Pro Bono Australia.