About the Role
- Position: Full time position
- Location: Werribee/ Chirnside Park
- Salary: $78,000-$81,000
This role will oversee and manage a small team of key workers in the Targeted Care Package program at based at Werribee & Chirnside Park. The Team Leader will be responsible for culturally safe support, guidance and mentoring to key workers in the program. The role is pivotal to ensuring compliance with agency registration and out of home care standards.
To be considered for this role you must demonstrate:
- Awareness and appreciation of Aboriginal societies and cultures and an understanding of the issues affecting Aboriginal people in contemporary Australia and the diversity of circumstances Aboriginal peoples face
- A sound knowledge and understanding of issues, policies, legislation and practices in relation to child and family welfare and, children in residential care
- Demonstrated experience and ability in the provision of a high standard case management practice
- An ability to work effectively with Aboriginal organisations, government departments and community service organisations
About the Organisation
Victorian Aboriginal Child Care Agency (VACCA) operates within the context that Aboriginal children continue to be significantly over-represented in the protection and care system within Victoria. VACCA considers that it has the responsibility and the opportunity to promote, advocate for and achieve positive changes in the lives of Aboriginal children, their families and the broader Aboriginal community.
If you like to be part of an Organization that strives in strengthening the safety and wellbeing and cultural connectedness of Aboriginal children, individuals and families in their community, we want to hear from you
Apply for this Job
Application deadline is Sunday 19 August,2018
For more information regarding your exciting future with VACCA, please contact Bavi Rai on 9287 8835.
For a copy of the position description and to apply for this position, click here www.vacca.recruitmenthub.com.au/Vacancies
Applications must include:
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply
Please quote in application: Team Leader-Targeted Care Packages x 2 via Pro Bono Australia.