About the Role
Part-time 0.8EFT or Full-time 1EFT + ADO (negotiable)
Based at our Footscray site and a police colocation in the West
Are you keen to make a real difference?
We’re seeking an experienced, flexible and resilient social worker, who demonstrates a strong capacity for multidisciplinary teamwork, plus possesses excellent communication, with the ability to foster respectful professional relationships, that have clear boundaries. Mental health professionals with experience in crisis intervention and direct service are encouraged to apply. If this describes you, we have the opportunity you’ve been waiting for.
The benefits for you joining cohealth include:
- Keeping your work-life balance in check with the flexibility of part-time hours, if you so choose;
- Joining a positive, friendly and supportive work environment that encourages your learning and growth with access to staff development opportunities;
- Working in a program with the resources to support you in making a real difference to your clients’ lives; and
- Salary Packaging of up to $15,900 per fringe benefit year for personal living expenses
cohealth Victims Assistance Program (VAP) provides services to victims of crime against the person and related victims of homicide, to assist them effectively manage and recover from the effects of the crime. This program is primarily based in Footscray but will also be co-located with police in three areas and an intake hub in Maribyrnong.
The primary responsibilities of the Victims Support Worker (Case Manager) is to:
- Provide trauma informed case management to victims of violent crime, particularly those of a serious and/or complex nature (note that VAP is not a crisis intervention service);
- Provide case management (including outreach) to ‘related victims’ of homicide;
- Provide psycho-education to victims, police and the community;
- Support victims of crime to effectively navigate the criminal justice system;
- Work collaboratively with the police and other service delivery agencies;
- Provide ethical, professional and responsible goal directed, trauma informed and client-centred case management to victims of crime – particularly those of a serious and/or complex nature as well as case management to ‘related victims’ of homicide; and
- Where the Program requires, provide initial intake phone calls.
To be considered for this exciting opportunity you will possess:
- Tertiary qualifications in Social Work with eligibility to membership of the AASW or an equivalent qualification;
- Ability to work sensitively with people from diverse cultures, ages, sexuality, ability and gender;
- Comprehensive understanding of the social and gendered context of family violence;
- A high level of experience in case management of diverse populations and experience/understanding of trauma informed practice;
- Demonstrated understanding of the issues and needs of people who have been affected by violent crime, grief and traumatic bereavement;
- Highly developed interpersonal, oral and written skills;
- The ability to develop and maintain strong and effective relationships;
- Experience working with the police or the criminal justice system would be an advantage; and
- Current Australian Drivers Licence.
We’re committed to a high performance, engaging team culture and investing in our people enables a rewarding career with cohealth. If you have what we are looking for, do not delay – APPLY NOW.
About the Organisation
For more information about cohealth and the services provided, please visit our website: www.cohealth.org.au
Apply for this Job
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Victims Support Worker (Case Manager) via Pro Bono Australia.