About the Role
- Full time, permanent position
- Reporting to the Finance Manager
- Hands-on-role in a small finance team
- Based at our Global Support Office in Balmain, Sydney
This is a detailed-oriented role, which will see you monitoring and controlling the organisation’s day to day accounting and financial operations, ensuring effective reporting and control of compliance, audits, capital expenditure, and assets for the global operations of the Adara Group.
It is also a rewarding role, where you will liaise with and support team members across the globe, enabling them to focus more on service delivery with the communities we work with in Nepal and Uganda.
To be successful in this position, it is essential that you have:
- At least three years of relevant accounting experience, including exposure to activities such as processing invoices, general accounting, financial analysis and reporting
- Relevant finance or accounting degree
- CA/CPA qualification
- Experience using mid-size ERP software, preferably Microsoft Great Plains or QuickBooks
- A keen interest in developing skills within financial/management accounting principles
- Ability to manage and take responsibility for financial processes
- Strong attention to detail
- High level of written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to analyse and effectively communicate financial information to non-financial colleagues
- Ability to liaise at an executive level
- Team player and good collaborator
- A passion for social justice.
Other desirable competencies:
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skills
- Experience managing databases or data visualisation systems
- Non-profit experience
- ACFID reporting knowledge.
This is a demanding role where you will need to work at the highest level, often under pressure and with tight deadlines. The working environment is informal but professional, with very high standards of output and delivery. We are a happy, enthusiastic, and energy filled group, with a great work culture.
If you have the skills, the energy and the passion, we would love to hear from you. More information on the Adara Group can be found on our website – www.adaragroup.org
About the Organisation
The Adara Group has two quite different parts, but one united purpose – to support people in poverty. The first part is an international development organisation spanning six countries, called Adara Development. The second part is two Australia-based corporate advisory businesses, Adara Advisors and Adara Partners.
Adara Development has expertise in maternal, newborn and child health, and remote community development, reaching tens of thousands of people in poverty each year.
The Adara businesses exist for the sole purpose of generating profits to directly fund Adara’s not-for-profit arm, Adara Development. Adara Partners uses a unique Panel Member structure, bringing together some of Australia’s most senior leaders in financial services. Adara Panel Members provide wise counsel and senior advice to our clients, with their time, effort and expertise donated to Adara.
Apply for this Job
For details concerning this role, please contact
Phone : 0293952800
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Accountant via Pro Bono Australia.