About the Role
What We Are Seeking
A passionate and dynamic professional to become a part of our initiative, Resourcing Inclusive Communities. This role requires demonstrated knowledge and experience in contemporary practices in supporting people with disability to live full lives embedded in community. This involves practices such as circles of support, independent living, microboards, developing community based roles, employment to name a few.
Essential Criteria (applications must address each criteria)
- Commitment to the inclusion of people with developmental disability
- Commitment to families being the conduit of positive change in the lives of a person with disability
- Commitment to responding to the cultural diversity at the workplace
Knowledge and Experience:
- Demonstrated experience in contemporary practices both within Australia and around the world that support full inclusion of a person with disability
- Demonstrated experience in developing workshop content to support a broad range of learners
- Demonstrated experience in developing, coordinating, promoting and facilitating information sessions, workshops and conferences
- Experience in growing a project’s capacity and reach
- Experience either self-managing a funding package or supporting others to self-manage
- Experience in supporting families
- Experience in building relationships with varying stakeholders
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral
- An empathetic telephone manner
- A high level of demonstrated organisational skills
- Demonstrated resource development
- Demonstrated experience with a range of software applications
- Current driver’s license and capacity to travel around NSW to attend and/or present events
- Capacity to occasionally work weekends and evenings
- Demonstrated experience in working as a member of a small team
- A lived experience of a person with disability
- Knowledge and practice of Social Role Valorization theory
- Community development experience
- Marketing experience and background
Hours: 25-30 hours a week-Fixed Term Contract to June 30th, 2019 with possible extension
Salary: Social, Community, Home Care and Disability Services (SCHADS) Industry Award 2010, Level 4 to 5 (depending on experience)
About the Organisation
Who We Are:
Family Advocacy is a statewide, not for profit disability advocacy organisation that works with families to promote and defend the rights and interests of people who have developmental disability. This is achieved by strengthening the advocacy role and influence of families so that they can speak out with, and on behalf of their own family member, or for people with developmental disability more broadly.
Resourcing Inclusive Communities is an initiative of Family Advocacy that holds the philosophy that every person with disability can lead a meaningful and fulfilling life that reflects his or her aspirations and personal interests. Resourcing Inclusive Communities supports families, allies and broader community to take this philosophy into practice by providing a 1800 number, extensive resources, information sessions, workshops and conferences across NSW. A primary focus of the work is connecting experienced and emerging families and allies who are supporting this practice to build strong links of good practice in NSW.
Apply for this Job
For details concerning this role, please contact
Cecile Sullivan Elder
Phone : 02 9869 0866
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Capacity Development Coordinator via Pro Bono Australia.