About the Role
Do you remember your first job and the pride you felt when your first pay arrived? The sense of community that your colleagues provided, and the purpose you felt getting ready for every shift? Whitelion wants at-risk young people to experience this feeling! We strongly believe that a job provides much more than a wage – it can be a protective factor that helps young people turn their lives around. If you are looking for a role that will challenge your youth work skills and enjoy the thought of advocating for employers to take a chance on some great young people, this role is for you!
The job is:
- Engaging young people in vocational and employment activities, inclusive of resume development, interview preparation and independent job seeking skillsSupporting the matching of young people with employers and educational service providers, suited to their skill levels and aspirations
- Ensuring non-vocational barriers are being appropriately addressed
- Tertiary qualified in Social Work, Youth Work or a related discipline, or have demonstrated relevant experience
- Suitable to work with vulnerable people (satisfactorily passing a Police record check and Working with Children’s Check)
- Ready to be challenged – this is a fast paced, outcome focussed role that requires us to meet rolling targets!
What you will get in return:
- Offering salary at SCHADS level 4.1, plus employer superannuation contributions of 9.5 % plus great salary packaging
- 17.5% Annual Leave Loading
- An additional three (3) days gifted leave per year during Christmas and New Year
- A highly supportive, flexible team that helps you balance work and family or personal needs
- Access to Employee Assistance Program Services
- Experienced! We have been supporting at risk youth into work for 20 years’ and have the tools and understanding to help you grow as a professional.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.
About the Organisation
Whitelion was established in 1999 as a non-profit community organisation that supports and empowers young people at risk to reach their full potential.
Apply for this Job
For details concerning this role, please contact
Email : Eliana.Cuppari@whitelion.asn.au
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Employment Worker via Pro Bono Australia.