About the Role
The Executive Manager will oversee the organisational leadership of Woor-Dungin. A full job description including a breakdown of responsibilities can be obtained by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
Essential skills and experience
Applicants are required to:
- have worked in the community and/or not for profit sector with a particular focus on Aboriginal community controlled organisations;
- demonstrate a sound knowledge of Aboriginal Organisations in Victoria and strong Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander networks in Victoria;
- have substantial professional experience in a management role, with proven abilities to effectively manage the financial, human and physical resources and requirements of a Not for Profit or a similar organisation;
- demonstrate experience in sourcing philanthropic grants, submission writing, project implementation and acquittal of funding applications;
- have experience in the development of marketing and communication strategies; and
- demonstrate highly developed communications skills including active listening, negotiation, problem solving, decision making, advocacy and extensive experience in working collaboratively and managing relationships with a wide range of stakeholders.
About the Organisation
Woor-Dungin is a not-for-profit organisation governed by our members, of which the majority are Aboriginal people. Woor-Dungin means ‘share’ in the language of the Gunnai people of south-eastern Victoria. ‘To share’ necessitates an openness to learning from and with one another.
Our work supports Aboriginal organisations across metropolitan, regional and rural Victoria to access the resources they require to support the priority issues they have identified in their local communities, and to achieve self-determination. We do this through developing genuine partnerships with a small number of Aboriginal community controlled organisations in Victoria, and assisting them to engage effectively with philanthropic organisations and pro bono service providers, known as the Aboriginal Partnership Program. In turn we assist philanthropic organisations and pro bono service providers to engage with and support Aboriginal communities and issues.
Apply for this Job
The position will only be open to Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander applicants.
The filling of this position is intended to constitute a special/equal opportunity measure under section 8(1) of the Racial Discrimination Act 1975 (Cth) and section 12 of the Equal Opportunity Act 2010 (Vic).
For queries about the position, please contact Christa Momot at email@example.com or 0411 701 288.
Applications close at 10.00am on Monday 5 November 2018.
Please quote in application: Executive Manager via Pro Bono Australia.