About the Role
- Part time, EFT negotiable between (0.4-0.8 EFT) Up to 1.7 EFT available
- Long term contract for 4 years
- Working at cohealth’s clinic in Collingwood or Footscray
Do you have experience coordinating care for people with complex needs?
We are very pleased to announce that exciting opportunities have emerged for passionate and motivated Care Facilitators who are committed to providing high standards of service delivery and passionate about working within community health services?
If this sounds like you, please keep reading
The Forensic Mental Health in Community Health Program (FMHiCHP) is an exciting new initiative funded by the Victorian State Government. The program is designed to provide high quality mental health services to adults in the North West Metro Melbourne, who are currently completing Corrections Orders, and where these orders have a Mental Health and Treatment rehabilitation (MHTR) condition.
These newly created positions are designed to enhance the quality of ongoing support and care through the coordination of care plans. By engaging key partners to meet client needs, working in partnership within a multidisciplinary team, the focus will be on providing holistic and client centred care. Working in close collaboration with cohealth and other local Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander services in order to ensure the provision of culturally safe and appropriate services.
These positions would be ideally suited to individuals who have;
- A tertiary qualification in a relevant sector and/or commensurate experience in a related area;
- Current demonstrated experience in a mental health, alcohol and other drugs, and / or forensic health settings;
- Sound decision making skills with a focus on identifying and understanding issues, problems and opportunities;
- The ability to work with a wide range of diverse clients and vulnerable groups including CALD and people experiencing mental illness and homelessness; and
- Ability to provide accessible and appropriate services to Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people experiencing diverse chronic health conditions.
We encourage individuals of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander backgrounds to apply for these roles
We are committed to a high performance, engaging team culture and investing in our people enables a rewarding career with cohealth. If you have what we are looking for, do not delay – APPLY NOW.
About the Organisation
For more information about cohealth and the services provided, please visit our website: www.cohealth.org.au.
We put our people first, not just our clients. We recognise that our success is a direct reflection of our people, so we've created an environment that facilitates professional development, knowledge exchange and learning. This is so our people can confidently deliver exceptional service and care as experts;
- Not for Profit "Salary Sacrificing"' benefits on top of your salary, highly competitive compensation
- Keeping your work-life balance in check, with flexible work arrangements available
- A professional, committed workforce within a highly supportive company
- Ongoing professional development and career progression opportunities
Apply for this Job
This position will be paid under the Classification and Salary is dependent upon qualifications and experience. This role may be filled by a Social Worker (Social Worker, Class 1 SCHADS Level 4), Nurse Grade 2, Allied Health Professionals with suitable experience.
To be considered for the role, your required to provide a CV demonstrating your skills and experience relevant to the position description, along with a cover letter that answers these questions:
- Why are you applying for this job? (Suggested word limit: 200 words)
- What skills and experience do you bring to this role? (Suggested word limit: 300 words)
- Can you describe your experience working with diverse and vulnerable client groups including CALD and people experiencing mental illness? (Suggested word limit: 300 words)
- Outline your experience in establishing effective partnerships to coordinate care for people with complex needs? (Suggested word limit: 200 words)
Applications close on 8th October @ 10.00pm
People accepting employment with cohealth are unable to access our services, some exemptions may apply.
Applications from people of culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds; equity target groups including women, people with disabilities, people who identify as LGBTIQ; and people of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander descent, are encouraged.
The suitable applicant will be subject to the relevant pre-employment checks for appointment to positions (including provision of a valid Working with Children Check clearance number and criminal record history check)
Please quote in application: Forensic Mental Health Care Facilitator- Multiple Positions via Pro Bono Australia.