About the Role
Our fundraising team is growing! This is a great opportunity to really make your mark in this newly created role. Some of your key areas of focus will be:
- Leading the strategy, planning, development, implementation and monitoring of all Tearfund NZ’s fundraising activities to fulfil the organisation’s strategic goals and growth targets.
- Leading, mentoring and developing a team of specialist fundraisers (including 5 direct reporting Managers) with the capability of delivering excellence to our supporters and donors
- Ensuring an effective strategic contribution is provided to the Marketing and Fundraising Director, providing high quality data and strategic information through data analysis and information systems
- Ensuring that Tearfund has a robust system to develop new products, tailoring the development to different audiences
- Supporting our culture of continuous learning and improvement as well as driving innovation, efficiencies and increased productivity
Ideally, you’ll have all or most of the following:
- 5+ years’ experience in fundraising at a senior management level with demonstrable success working in a not-for–profit environment
- A relevant tertiary degree
- Experience developing and leading a sales/fundraising strategy
- Demonstrated success in an income generation role with the ability to achieve targets and develop innovative fundraising campaigns and ideas
- Experience motivating and leading a team to deliver excellent results
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to quickly connect with others
- Experience making presentations and negotiating with media
- Effective planning, project management and organisational abilities
- Experience developing and managing budgets
- The ability to connect with and inspire others to support our mission and programmes
- Be willing to relocate to Auckland, New Zealand.
This is a fantastic opportunity for a motivated and talented Fundraising Specialist to join an organisation supporting life changing programmes.
About the Organisation
Responding to the challenges of global poverty in a contemporary world, Tearfund New Zealand (tearfund.org.nz) works with development partners in serving the world’s most vulnerable people. Through our five causes we nourish communities with life’s essentials. We protect the vulnerable from exploitation. We restore hope and peace when disaster and conflict strikes. We sponsor children in need, and we empower people to help themselves. The Fundraising Team is responsible for generating the funding to deliver life-changing programmes. We have over 45 specialist staff who work out of our Mt Roskill, Auckland, NZ office to support the growth and effectiveness of these programmes.
Over 20,000 donors and 1,000 churches nationwide provide a network for the majority of funding needed for Tearfund’s development programmes. As one of New Zealand’s leading NGO’s, Tearfund has achieved strong year-on-year growth. This year we’ll raise over $15m to fund work with 29 partners in 24 countries across the developing world. We are a highly-respected charity that inspires people to give, learn and advocate against injustice.
Our mission statement is: “Motivated by Jesus, we encourage Kiwis to act for justice to relieve poverty among the world’s most vulnerable people”.
Apply for this Job
Phone : 006421802213
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
To discuss the opportunity further please call Elke (HR Consultant) on 0064 21802213 or Lynette Leibach (Marketing & Fundraising Director) on 0064 21548307. To apply please send a cover letter and CV to email@example.com
Please quote in application: Head of Fundraising (Auckland, New Zealand) via Pro Bono Australia.