About the Role
Reporting to the Service Desk Manager in the Technology Services department, these roles will provide high levels of Information Services and Support to a wide demographic of end users. It will also play a key role in technology upgrades and projects throughout the year.
Duties & Responsibilities
- First point of contact for all incoming calls, queries and requests to the Technology Services department
- Providing technical support and assistance to staff, students and parents
- Installing, configuring and upgrading operating systems and software
- Installing, assembling and configuring computers, monitors network infrastructure and other related hardware
- Troubleshooting problems with computer systems – hardware and software
- Resolving issues with equipment and data, and repairing hardware as required
- Playing a key part in facilitating incident management processes
- Escalating tickets to support staff and liaising with vendors when required
- Monitoring the LAN / WAN
Skills & Experience required
Level 1 IT Support Officers will have tertiary qualifications in Information and Communication Technologies or other related fields as a minimum, with a minimum of 1 year experience required. The Level 2 IT Support Officer will have a minimum of 3 years’ experience in similar IT Support Officer and IT Helpdesk positions.
The following skills and experience are required for both positions:
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills – you are able to clearly communicate with a wide demographic of people ranging in age and technical abilities
- Exceptional customer service skills – you are passionate about delivering a high standard of service to end users
- Demonstrated knowledge of computer hardware and software, and current technologies related to applications, networks and telecommunication systems – specific knowledge of Microsoft Office and Windows is required
- Experience with installing, configuring, upgrading, troubleshooting and repairing a range of software, hardware and peripherals
- The ability to stay calm under pressure and remain patient when managing competing priorities with various stakeholders
- The ability to work as part of a team, and also have the initiative to resolve issues independently
- A current Blue Card or eligibility to obtain one
Benefits & Culture
Enjoy working in a beautiful campus setting in a buzzing inner Brisbane CBD suburb with a dedicated team of IT professionals. Drive to and from work with the convenience of having a designated car park. Have an afternoon swim or gym session in this school’s state of the art facilities. Additional benefits include:
- Competitive salary package on offer with salary sacrificing options
- Excellent training provided, with professional development encouraged
- Knowledgeable and supportive management
- School issued laptop provided
- Coffee Shop discounts
- Genuine work life balance
About the Organisation
This is one of Queensland’s leading day and boarding school for girls from Pre-Prep through to Year 12. It provides excellence in education and offers a wide and diverse range of co-curricular activities. Respect, integrity and inclusiveness drive this school’s behaviours.
Apply for this Job
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: IT Support Officers via Pro Bono Australia.