About the role
Djirra’s Aboriginal Family Violence Legal Service has exciting opportunities in Bendigo, Echuca and Morwell for dedicated Paralegal Support Workers.
- Provide high quality legal advice, court advocacy, casework, assistance and referral to Aboriginal victims of family violence and/or sexual assault in the areas of Family Violence Intervention Orders, Child Protection and Family Law.
- Develop relationships with a range of stakeholders including: Aboriginal Cooperatives; Aboriginal Health Services; Family and Children’s Services and health, housing, alcohol, drugs and counselling services.
- Daily mentoring and development of paralegal support workers.
- Support and assist Djirra’s Early Intervention and Prevention programs.
Our Ideal Candidate
- Is an advocate for justice for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander People
- Has post-admission experience (related to family law/violence)
- Can build strong trusting relationships with Aboriginal people and with clients who have experienced trauma
- Is passionate about building regional stakeholder relationships
- Generous Salary Packaging options
- Access to a monthly Rostered-Day-Off, Cultural Leave, paid Parental Leave and Annual Leave Loading
- Extra days off between Christmas and New Year
These are designated positions established as a special measure under section 12 of the Equal Opportunity Act 2010. Only female candidates are eligible to apply. Preference will be given to women of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander descent
About the organisation
Djirra supports Aboriginal women’s journey to safety and well-being, and provides practical support and legal advice to Aboriginal people experiencing family violence.
How to apply
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Lawyers/Senior Lawyers for Morwell, Ballarat & Echuca via Pro Bono Australia.