About the Role
- Opportunity for an experienced trainer to work as a member of a small and creative Learning and Development team in a leading volunteer community service organisation
- Contribute to the continuous improvement in the recruitment of new volunteers and the training design, delivery and evaluation activities for new and experienced volunteers
- The position is based in Melbourne CBD; with some travel to regional Victoria to deliver training.
- Full time (negotiable to 0.8 EFT – 30.4 hours per week)
- Salary equivalent to Community Service Employee Level 6 Pay Point negotiable, under the Social, Community, Home Care and Disability Services Industry Award 2010 (hereafter “the SCHCDS Industry Award”).
- A knowledge of relevant law, policy, programs and services related to Court Network services, particularly in relation to Family Violence;
- Experience as a volunteer or volunteer manager in the community sector.
Key Selection Criteria
The Trainer will have a commitment to Court Network’s philosophy and work collaboratively to promote an atmosphere which is welcoming, non-judgemental and committed to influencing social justice outcomes for court users.
The Trainer will have:
- Certificate IV Training and Assessment Certificate;
- Relevant tertiary qualifications and/or experience in working in the community services sector;
- Demonstrated knowledge of adult learning principles and the ability to apply them consistently;
- Demonstrated skills and experience in the design, delivery, coordination, and evaluation of training packages for community groups and/or volunteers;
- Experience in and/or willingness to develop capability in delivery of Family Violence training;
- Demonstrated capability to contribute to continuous improvement in a learning and development role and to support in the development of effective recruitment and training activities;
- Excellent project administration, coordination, and organisational skills;
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to work as part of a team;
- The ability to work collaboratively with community organisations;
- Computer literacy in current applications and programs e.g. Microsoft Office is essential;
- Current driver’s licence is necessary and use of own vehicle may be required.
- Satisfactory Police Check and Working with Children Check.
*Please see attached Position Description for further Information
About the Organisation
Court Network provides programs and services to members of the community to assist them in the process of accessing the legal system. Established in 1980, the agency operates on a state-wide basis providing court-based support, information and referral to members of the community in both the criminal and civil courts.
Court Network provides this service through the employment of both paid staff (Program managers/volunteer managers, Training staff, Corporate management staff, and Administration staff) and unpaid staff (volunteer Networkers)
Networkers are in the Magistrates’, County, Supreme, Children’s, Family Law and Coroners Courts and VCAT within Victoria. Court Network also operates in Queensland within the Brisbane Supreme, District and Magistrates’ Courts and QCAT, and in Cairns and Townsville.
Court Network is committed to the promotion of knowledge about the legal system across the broader community, researching the issues affecting court users and promoting law reform.
Apply for this Job
For details concerning this role, please contact
Email : email@example.com
Please email your application and responses to the Key Selection Criteria to Joao Goncalves, State Administration Officer, firstname.lastname@example.org using the subject line: Trainer, Learning and Development Application.
Please apply by COB Friday 5th October 2018.
Please quote in application: Learning and Development Trainer – Court Network via Pro Bono Australia.