About the Role
- Provide leadership, vision and strategic stakeholder engagement
- Opportunity to shape the next phase of the program
- Full time fixed term position – St Kilda Road, Melbourne
About your opportunity
We are seeking an engaging leader to lead the Victorian Cancer Biobank team through the new strategic plan. Reporting to the Director, Victorian Cancer Registry, your role is to:
- Develop and maintain strategic partnerships at a state and national level to collaborate and advise on issues relating to biobanking, ensure outcomes meet stakeholder needs, and to promote the services of the Victorian Cancer Biobank;
- Develop business plans and provide leadership to the team to ensure successful delivery of strategic and operational priorities;
- Ensure efficiency of operations to ensure ongoing sustainability for the program including in priority areas of funding, accreditation, technology and risk.
All about you
We are looking for someone with:
- Demonstrated experience in successfully managing a program with multiple stakeholders.
- Excellent influencing and relationship management skills including the ability to develop and maintain strong collaborative partnerships.
- Understanding of current bio banking policies, key stakeholders and relevant organisations at a state and national level.
- Demonstrated ability to continuously improve service delivery.
What we can offer you
This full-time fixed term position to 30 June 2021 provides a salary within range $89,000 – $101,000 pa plus superannuation, annual leave loading and the benefits of not-for-profit salary packaging and a meal entertainment card. We also offer a flexible and friendly work environment, social and wellbeing activities and a location close to public transport.
About the Organisation
Since our establishment in 1936, Cancer Council Victoria has developed an international reputation for our innovative work in cancer research, prevention and support. As an independent, not-for-profit organisation, we play a leading role in reducing the impact of all cancers on all people.
As part of the Victorian Cancer Registry, the Victorian Cancer Biobank (VCB) is a not-for-profit consortium, funded by the Victorian Government through the Victorian Cancer Agency. The purpose is to provide high quality, ethically obtained biospecimens to support research that will lead to improvements in cancer diagnosis and treatment. VCB strategy and direction is supported by a Strategic Advisory Group.
Apply for this Job
For details concerning this role, please contact
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Manager, Victorian Cancer Biobank via Pro Bono Australia.