About the Role
IWDA is seeking suitably qualified candidates with a commitment to working constructively to improving gender equity with the following skills and capabilities:
- Fundraising knowledge and expertise and an ability to leverage fundraising opportunities
- Demonstrated skills and experience in people governance and management
- Strong financial and investment management expertise and experience;
- Digital and social technology and its applicability in international development
- Demonstrated experience working in gender and international development including knowledge of policy and political frameworks
All candidates should be able to demonstrate an understanding of corporate governance and director’s duties and responsibilities, as well as high standards of ethics, the ability to think critically and impartially, high level interpersonal skills and a constructive approach.
The Board meets bi-monthly, normally on a Tuesday from 4.30 pm to 7:30 pm in Melbourne. There are additional committee meetings and teleconference meetings where required in between.
About the Organisation
IWDA is the leading independent Australian agency with an international focus entirely on women’s rights and gender equality in the Asia Pacific region. IWDA was founded in 1985 and is a not-for-profit company limited by guarantee with a vision of gender equality. IWDA partners with others in the Asia Pacific region to advance gender equality by tackling issues of power, money and security.
IWDA has been recognised for its publications and research partnerships in gender equality in the Asia Pacific region and is seeking to build on this expertise in future, particularly in policy advocacy.
Apply for this Job
For details concerning this role, please contact
Phone : 0427673957
Email : email@example.com
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Non-Executive Director via Pro Bono Australia.