About the Role
- Part-time 0.4EFT
- Fixed term for 18 months
- Based in Melbourne
cohealth’s Homeless program provides support to people who are experiencing homelessness or at risk of becoming homeless. This support consist of assertive outreach, needs assessment, outreach and site-based case management, community development activities and group work. The team works collaboratively and are involved in a number of dynamic and innovative programs operating with other key agencies via established networks.
The Sleeping Rough – Harm Minimisation project will develop a resource that will attempt to reduce the negative social and health impacts of people sleeping rough in Melbourne’s CBD. This will be completed via targeted reference groups of both the rough sleeping community and key community partners including Justice Connect, Bolton Clarke – Homeless Persons Program and the Council to Homeless Persons.
Within this role your responsibilities will comprise of:
- Undertaking project design and development in the context of the cohealth Project Management Guidelines;
- Participating in interagency community activities including outreach to people sleeping rough, living in rooming houses and to other locations;
- Assisting consumer to participate effectively in co-design activities by providing orientation and guidance;
- Working under guidance and supporting the Sleeping Rough- Harm Minimisation project worker; and
- Work with teams and other stakeholders to develop a plan to engage consumers in the co design process.
You’re a value driven person, motivated to make a difference, as well as;
- Experienced working as an Allied Health Assistant or equivalent experience in the homeless sector, with well developed understanding of the specific needs of clients who are homeless and at risk of homelessness;
- Analytically thinking, with proven problem-solving skills and crisis intervention;
- Professional and respectful, with the ability to work as part of a team and autonomously;
- Appropriate IT skills and experience with electronic client management systems, plus can adapt to new systems quickly; and
- A current driver’s license
Are you keen to make a real difference? Join our dedicated team and enjoy the challenges
About the Organisation
For more information about cohealth and the services provided, please visit our website: www.cohealth.org.au
The benefits for you joining cohealth include:
- Keeping your work-life balance in check with the flexibility of part-time hours;
- Joining a positive, friendly and supportive work environment, that encourages your learning and growth with access to staff development opportunities;
- Working in a program with the resources to support you in making a real difference to your clients' lives;
- Not for Profit "Salary Sacrificing" benefits on top of your salary
Apply for this Job
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Peer Worker via Pro Bono Australia.