About the Role
About the Opportunities
We have an exciting vacancy for a Personal Safety Initiative (PSI) Local Coordinator to join our Case Management Team on a fixed term, full time/part time basis (30.4 to 38 hours per week) until 30th June 2019. The Personal Safety Initiative (PSI) is a Department of Health and Human Services initiative and a key part of the Victorian Government’s response to, and focus, on family violence. As part of the PSI initiative, the PSI Coordinator will be embedded in family violence support agencies across the state and will be responsible for assisting victim-survivors of family violence at high risk to remain in their homes while leaving violence.
The PSI local coordinator’s responsibilities include:
- Liaising with flexible support package (FSP) providers about client applications
- Co-ordinating property safety audits and communicating with registered security agencies and case managers.
- Co-ordinating the ordering and delivery of Personal Safety Devices and troubleshooting safety technology issues that arise at a local level.
- Liaising with Victoria Police, registered security agencies as well as after-hours and alarm verification support agencies/Registered Monitoring Centres.
- Acting as a point of contact for, and delivering training to, Specialist Family Violence Advocates and other EDVOS staff in direct service roles to ensure the PSI Operational Guidelines are functioning effectively at a local level.
Essential to your success will be:
- Tertiary qualifications in Social Work, Human Services or relevant discipline, or commensurate experience in the public or community sector
- Demonstrated experience in providing specialist family violence services for victim-survivors of family violence, including adults and children, and a demonstrated understanding of risk assessment in family violence and the complex nature/dynamics of family violence
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience working with diverse communities such as Aboriginal populations, culturally diverse communities, those identifying as LGBTI, older people and those living with a disability
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including a demonstrated ability to provide concise, accurate and timely information
- Capacity to work flexibly in a dynamic work environment, with a demonstrated problem-solving and troubleshooting capability in situations of ambiguity and a focus on providing workable solutions
- A current drivers license is mandatory for this role
**For a full list of Key Selection Criteria please refer to position description
What We Offer
- Flexible working hours including the option of monthly accrued day off (ADO) for full time staff
- Generous salary packaging benefits resulting in tax savings
- Excellent Professional Development opportunities including external training and workshops as well as EDVOS all staff training
- Health and wellbeing programs for all staff including weekly yoga classes, walk at work, bi-monthly staff shared lunch and birthday calendar
- Regular supervision and management support including access to EAP
- Internal committees (e.g. Innovation & Development and Quality and Safety) working groups to support staff’s interest and expertise (e.g. Diversity, Consumer Engagement, OHS, Children and Youth)
- A rewarding opportunity to be part of an organisation that is committed to improving quality of life for women and children experiencing family violence
EDVOS hours of operation are Monday to Friday from 9am until 8pm and Saturday from 9am until 5pm. This position would be expected to be available to work on a rotating roster across those hours of operation.
Salary for these positions will be aligned with SCHADS Level 6.1 to 6.3 + 9.5% super.
About the Organisation
Eastern Domestic Violence Services (EDVOS) is a not-for-profit specialist family violence service in Melbourne’s eastern metropolitan region. We provide an integrated range of support and services to empower women and children who are responding to family violence. We operate within a human rights framework and our focus is on supporting the safety of women and children and the accountability of perpetrators.
Apply for this Job
For details concerning this role, please contact
Phone : 9259 4200
Email : email@example.com
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Personal Safety Initiative (PSI) Local Coordinator via Pro Bono Australia.