About the Role
- Full-time permanent position
- Working across both the Adara businesses and the international development organisation
- Reporting to the Adara Group Chief Operating Officer, with support to General Counsel when required
- Based at our Global Support Office in Balmain, Sydney
This is a broad and dynamic role which will see you provide high quality and timely legal, compliance, governance and transactional advice and support to the Adara Group globally.
This advice and support will include, but is not limited to:
- Supporting the Adara Partners’ transaction team and Panel Members, including providing legal support on a wide range of mandates including mergers and acquisitions, debt and equity capital markets transactions, capital management advice, independent opinion engagements and governance mandates
- Instructing and liaising with external counsel, as necessary
- Managing global legal risk
- Managing compliance reporting
- Managing the Adara Group’s insurance broker relationship and renewal of our insurance programme
- Providing advice in relation to a wide range of international and Australian laws and regulatory policy
- Reviewing requests for business tenders and expression of interest documentation
- Preparing or reviewing and negotiating a wide range of agreements for Adara Development and the Adara businesses
- Preparing and updating Adara Group policies and procedures
- Assisting management with employment law contracts
- Assisting with grant applications and any material contracts
- Assisting the Company Secretary in preparing and collating Board papers
- Assisting with managing and building relationships with our strategic legal partners
To be successful in this position, it is essential that you have:
- A minimum of 4 years PQE, at a top-tier law firm and/or in a well-established in-house team, with exposure to and experience handling a range of complex corporate and commercial matters
- Admitted to practice in Australia and holding or eligible for a corporate legal practitioner practising certificate
- Strong understanding of Australian corporate law and the Australian financial services regulatory environment
- Strong analytical, drafting and negotiation skills and proficiency in developing and implementing legal strategies in a commercial context
- High level of attention to detail
- Excellent communication skills (verbally and in writing), including the ability to explain complex legal issues in plain English, often to people for whom English is a second language
- A proactive, positive and energetic approach
- Ability to develop strong relationships both internally and externally and engage with various stakeholders
- Ability to manage multiple and disparate tasks, including excellent organisational and time management skills
- A passion for social justice and for making a difference in the world
- Flexibility, creativity, openness, kindness, integrity, fairness and an in-depth hands-on approach
This is a demanding role where you will need to work at the highest level, often under pressure and with tight deadlines. The working environment is informal but professional, with very high standards of output and delivery. We are a happy, enthusiastic, and energy filled group, with a great work culture.
About the Organisation
The Adara Group has two quite different parts, but one united purpose – to support people in poverty. The first part is an international development organisation spanning six countries, called Adara Development. The second part is two Australia-based corporate advisory businesses, Adara Advisors and Adara Partners.
Adara Development has expertise in maternal, newborn and child health, and remote community development, reaching tens of thousands of people in poverty each year.
The Adara businesses exist for the sole purpose of generating profits to directly fund Adara’s not-for-profit arm, Adara Development. Adara Partners uses a unique Panel Member structure, bringing together some of Australia’s most senior leaders in financial services. Adara Panel Members provide wise counsel and senior advice to our clients, with their time, effort and expertise donated to Adara.
Apply for this Job
For details concerning this role, please contact
Phone : 0293952800
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Senior Lawyer | 4+ Years PQE via Pro Bono Australia.