About the Role
- Are you passionate about contributing to research and evaluation projects that benefit the health of all Victorians?
- Utilise your exceptional project management skills within the world’s first health promotion foundation
- Close proximity to Carlton Gardens
VicHealth currently has an excellent parental leave cover opportunity at Senior Project Officer level within our Mental Wellbeing team.
The Senior Project Officer is an exciting role that reports to the Manager, Mental Wellbeing and will help deliver one of the five strategic imperatives in VicHealth’s 10-year Action Agenda for Health Promotion – Improve Mental Wellbeing.
Where a normal working day can include stakeholder management, research scoping and design, evidence reviews and evaluation, data analysis, grant-making and contract management activities, you will be kept busy making a real difference to the health of all Victorians.
This position is also responsible for providing specialist consultation in relation to integrating best evidence into VicHealth planning and evaluation of projects.
Find out more about our Mental Wellbeing projects here.
Closing Date: Monday 17 September 2018
Unit: Programs Group
Tenure: Full Time, Fixed Term (Until August 2019)
Classification: VicHealth Grade D
Remuneration: $82,361 pro rata per annum (plus superannuation and other benefits)
Qualifications and experience required:
- Relevant tertiary qualification in Health Promotion, Public Health or related field, preferably at a post-graduate level
- Strong demonstrable experience working in fields related to public health or health promotion research
- Strong demonstrable experience working in evaluation and project management
- Ability to provide specialist advice and expertise across the organisation as required
- Strong experience within qualitative and quantitative research methodologies
- Established skill within SPSS or STATA
- A skilful communicator, you will have excellent relationship development skills that can be used both internally and externally.
About the Organisation
A world-first health promotion foundation, VicHealth focuses on promoting good health and preventing chronic disease. We pinpoint and prevent the negative influences of ill health and champion the positive influences of good health. Our pioneering work includes creating and funding world-class interventions; conducting vital research to advance Victoria’s population health; producing and supporting public campaigns to promote a healthier Victoria; and providing transformational expertise and insights to government. We work with all levels of government, across political parties and communities, and a range of sectors across health, sports, research, education, the arts and media.
Apply for this Job
For details concerning this role, please contact
Phone : +61396671386
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Senior Project Officer via Pro Bono Australia.