About the Role
About the Organisation
Summary of program and its objectives:
A Senior Researcher is required to lead a program of work supporting the development of the National Disability Insurance Scheme programs. The work will focus on driving evidence informed practice through a participatory action research/developmental evaluation in the Early Childhood Early Intervention (ECEI) and Local Area Coordination (LAC) programs.
Main responsibilities of the role:
This role will be responsible for leading the evaluation, including supporting both staff and participants of the NDIS, to actively contribute to the evaluation in meaningful ways. Specifically you will:
- Develop and lead a rigorous methodology for ensuring the voice of people with disability and staff are central to the evaluation;
- Adopt and promote an evidence informed practice approach to improving the ECEI and LAC programs. This means working with staff and NDIS participants to engage with research and evidence to drive better practice.
- Work in partnership across the Inclusive Communities team to develop policy positions for the NDIS that reflect the experience of operating two major services within the scheme.
- Supervise, nurture and develop a team of researchers, many of whom have lived experience with disability.
To meet the selection criteria, candidates will require:
- An appropriate tertiary qualification with extensive relevant experience or an equivalent combination of relevant experience and/or education/training.
- Developed knowledge of the relevant field (current issues and debates in research and policy)
- Developed understanding of the social research and policy environment, including contemporary issues.
- Developed knowledge of relevant ethical research practices and codes.
- Previous experience working in evidence informed practice and/or developmental evaluation frameworks
- Previous experience working in participatory action research with either people with disability or children.
This is a full time position working 38 hours per week, or negotiable for the right candidate.
Salary will be in the range of $89,630 to $97,871 per annum (pro rata for part time), based on skills and experience plus superannuation. Attractive salary packaging provisions are available to increase take home pay.
A copy of the position description and screening questionnaire can be downloaded at https://www.bsl.org.au/about/careers/jobs/ . For further information about the role phone Amanda Pagan on 0416 156 500.
Apply for this Job
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Senior Research Fellow via Pro Bono Australia.