About the Role
As a direct influence of the Intensive Therapeutic Care contract, we are now seeking experienced Social Workers for the South West Sydney and Liverpool region. Use your expertise to assess and address the needs of children and young people as well as the support and training of staff within the agency.
This role works very closely with staff to deliver appropriate therapeutic interventions with children and young people who have experienced significant trauma, to ensure that all decisions reflect the needs of the child or young person are guided by principles of permanency planning.
We are looking for resilient and practical applicants who are committed to providing therapeutic support to our young people in care through positive engagement and advocacy, working within the community towards trauma integration.
To be successful it is essential you:
- Degree in Social Work, Family counselling, Psychology or equivalent
- Minimum 5 years’ post degree experience
- Possess experience in working with children and young people experiencing complex trauma and working with families within the child protection system
- Demonstrated experience in working with the issues faced by children and young people of a complex trauma background
- Demonstrated capacity to assist staff to support young people; and
- Registration in a relevant body
- Unrestricted and current NSW Drivers licence
Applicants who have training and experience in working in disability services, drug and alcohol, mental health and juvenile criminal justice will be highly regarded.
About the Organisation
Marist180 (www.marist180.org.au) is a not-for-profit organisation committed to creating positive change for vulnerable young people and their families. Following a successful application to deliver the Intensive Therapeutic Care contract (replacing Out of Home Care in NSW), Marist180 is now seeking applications from industry professionals including Youth Workers, Case Managers, House Managers, Allied Health Professionals and Therapeutic Specialists.
Apply for this Job
For details concerning this role, please contact
Email : email@example.com
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Social Worker (Therapeutic Specialist) via Pro Bono Australia.