About the Role
About the Opportunity
As a Specialist Family Advocate you will address gender and power issues underlying domestic violence on both personal and social levels including accountability of perpetrators, provide high quality risk assessment and safety planning with women and children and ensure accurate client case notes/records and data collection. In partnership with the woman you will identify, assess, develop and implement effective interventions and referrals for them and where relevant, their families. This position will also be required to participate on a regular basis in the After Hours Program roster from 11.54am to 8pm.
Essential to your success
- Tertiary qualification in Social Work, Psychology, Diploma of Community Services or equivalent will be considered
- Demonstrated understanding of and commitment to the principles and practices of a specialist family violence service including feminist theory and enabling women to make informed choices
- Highly developed communication and interpersonal skills, and proven ability, to work both independently and within a team environment
- Demonstrated ability to establish effective working relationships with clients and a range of stakeholders/service providers
- Capacity to provide a high quality family violence service inclusive of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Women, children, young women, CALD clients, women with a disability and women who identify as LGBTIQ clients
- Capacity to self-manage and prioritise workload
This is a rewarding opportunity to be part of a growing, reputable organisation that is committed to improving the lives of women and children responding to family violence.
EDVOS offers salary packaging availing you of tax savings, ADO’S for full time staff and excellent professional development opportunities.
EDVOS hours of operation are Monday to Friday from 9am until 8pm and Saturday from 9am until 5pm. This position would be expected to be available to work on a rotating roster across those hours of operation.
About the Organisation
Eastern Domestic Violence Services (EDVOS) is a not-for-profit specialist family violence service in Melbourne’s Eastern Metropolitan Region. We provide an integrated range of support and services to empower women and children who are responding to family violence. We operate within a human rights framework and our focus is on supporting the safety of women and children and the accountability of perpetrators.
We are inviting applications from suitably qualified professionals to take on the role of Specialist Family Violence Advocate within our Case Management team on a full time basis (38 hours per week) for 12 months in the Outer East region.
The Case Management team provides short to medium term support to women and their children through developing individual case plans, making referrals to and liaising with other support services, advocating for and empowering women to make informed decisions about their life and future and those of their children.
Apply for this Job
For details concerning this role, please contact
Email : email@example.com
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Specialist Family Violence Advocate - Case Management via Pro Bono Australia.