About the Role
We are seeking two Specialist Family Violence Advocates (SFVA) to join our Case Management team on a fixed term, full time basis (38 hours per week) until 30 June 2019. The Case Management team provides medium term support to women and their children responding to family violence through developing individual case plans, making referrals to and liaising with other support services, advocating for and empowering women to make informed decisions about their life and future and those of their children. These positions are case management positions, which include initial assessment, as the co-located SFVA will often be the first point of contact with EDVOS for the person receiving services.
The roles will be split between EDVOS offices in Ringwood and co-locations throughout various local government areas in the Outer Eastern Metropolitan Region (see positions below). These role may include colocations across the outer Eastern Metropolitan region as required by the needs of local women and children in other areas of the Outer East.
The positions available are:
- Specialist Family Violence Advocate (Universal Services Co-locations)- Outer East Case Management – principal Colocation Upper Yarra Family Centre (Located in Yarra Junction) and may include other colocations in Outer East
- Specialist Family Violence Advocate (Universal Services Co-locations)- Outer East Case Management- Colocations based in outer Eastern metropolitan region
About the Opportunity
As a Specialist Family Advocate you will address gender and power issues underlying domestic violence on both personal and social levels including accountability of perpetrators, provide high quality risk assessment and safety planning with women and children and ensure client case notes/records and data collection. In partnership with the woman you will identify, assess, develop and implement effective interventions and referrals for them and where relevant their families. This position will also be required to participate on a regular basis in the After Hours Program roster (based in the EDVOS office in Ringwood) from 11.54am to 8pm and may be required to undertake weekend work (Saturdays and Sundays on an occasional basis).
Essential to your success
- Tertiary qualification in Social Work, Psychology, Diploma of Community Services or equivalent will be considered
- Demonstrated understanding of and commitment to the principles and practices of a specialist family violence service including feminist theory and enabling women to make informed choices
- Highly developed communication and interpersonal skills to and proven ability to work both independently and within a team environment
- Demonstrated ability to establish effective working relationships with clients and a range of stakeholders/service providers
- Capacity to provide a high quality family violence service inclusive of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Women, children, young women, CALD clients, women with a disability and women who identify as LGBTIQ clients
- Capacity to self-manage and prioritise workload
What We Offer
- Flexible working hours including the option of monthly accrued day off (ADO) for full time staff
- Generous salary packaging benefits resulting in tax savings
- Excellent Professional Development opportunities including external training and workshops as well as EDVOS all staff training
- Health and wellbeing programs for all staff including weekly yoga classes, walk at work, bi-monthly staff shared lunch and birthday calendar
- Regular supervision and management support including access to EAP
- Internal committees (e.g. Innovation & Development and Quality and Safety) working groups to support staff’s interest and expertise (e.g. Diversity, Consumer Engagement, OHS, Children and Youth)
- A rewarding opportunity to be part of an organisation that is committed to improving quality of life for women and children experiencing family violence
EDVOS hours of operation are Monday to Friday from 9am until 8pm and Saturday from 9am until 5pm. These positions would be expected to be available to work on a rotating roster across those hours of operation.
Salary for these positions will be aligned with SCHADS Level 5 + 9.5% super.
About the Organisation
Eastern Domestic Violence Services (EDVOS) is a not-for-profit specialist family violence service in Melbourne’s eastern metropolitan region. We provide an integrated range of support and services to empower women and children who are responding to family violence. We operate within a human rights framework and our focus is on supporting the safety of women and children and the accountability of perpetrators.
Apply for this Job
For details concerning this role, please contact
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Specialist Family Violence Advocates via Pro Bono Australia.