About the Role
- Newly created role…put your stamp on it and make it your own!
- Highly respected paediatric not-for-profit charity helping Australians for 95 years
- Opportunity to effect positive change in children’s lives!
- Exciting opportunity to work for a growing not-for-profit charity based in Manly.
Are you a skilled program manager with at least 5 years’ experience in managing cross functional programs? If so we’d love you to join our team in a full time capacity to lead the oversight and management of our Windmill (disability) program.
Our Windmill Program is a targeted therapy and support service for rural and remote children aged 2-12 years with disability, and their families. Reporting to the Head of Service Delivery and working closely with the Health Director, this position is pivotal to the sustainable, transformational scale up of the Windmill program. Your new role crosses between strategy and implementation and will include budgeting preparation and forecasting, service model design as well as day to day management to ensure compliance and value for money whilst ultimately maximizing outcomes for our families.
We’re looking for a self-driven, experienced person who understands the disability and/ or health sector as well as having strong skills and experience in setting strategy and completing end to end business planning and execution.
This role will suit an experienced program manager who is able to manage the program with a high level of autonomy, bringing their experience in the disability or health sectors to bear to engage and influence internal and external stakeholders and deliver strong outcomes that address a broad range of paediatric disability needs across the country.
To be considered for this role, it is essential that you have:
- A minimum 5 years’ experience in a cross functional program management role
- Tertiary qualifications and experience in health management, health planning or public health
- Demonstrable experience setting strategy and completing end to end Business Planning and execution
- Demonstrable experience managing complex change initiatives
- Demonstrable experience in program management with effective delivery of program outcomes.
- Demonstrated outcomes in the evaluation and continuous improvement of health programs with a commitment to evidence-based practice.
- Superior interpersonal, engagement and relationship building skills with a proven ability to build collaborative relationships with a wide range of internal and external clients, partners and stakeholders in an environment requiring cultural sensitivity.
- Demonstrated ability to provide high quality services using Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Project).
- Professionally presented and confidence to prepare and present to external groups and individuals
- Demonstrated ability to exercise judgment, maturity, initiative, and diplomacy in professional approach
- Availability to travel as required and current drivers licence
- Demonstrated understanding of the disability and NDIS sector including rural and remote services, Indigenous health and cultural safety, and issues in cross cultural service delivery (highly desirable).
- Experience in the not for profit sector
- A good understanding of health and education systems
- A good understanding of technical infrastructure, evaluation techniques and business diligence processes
- An interest in child development and rural issues
About the Organisation
Royal Far West is a non-government organisation based in Manly, which provides multidisciplinary health and wellbeing services for children from rural and remote Australia with developmental, behavioural, learning and mental health difficulties.
We are passionate about helping children from rural and remote Australia, we believe that every child has the right to access the services they need to thrive and grow, no matter where they live. We have passionate and engaging staff that help us achieve this, we go the extra mile to help and work with children so they can have a better quality of life and our goal is to increase our offering by 2020 to help 15,000 Australians per year. If you would like to join our family and help us reach our 2020 goal then apply today as we want to hear from you.
Apply for this Job
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Windmill (Disability) Program Manager via Pro Bono Australia.