About the Role
Accounts and Administration Officer
Australian Federation of AIDS Organisations
- Are you dynamic and proactive with excellent attention to detail?
- Do you enjoy working in a fast-paced environment?
- Would you like to work in a community organisation that is leading Australia’s efforts to end HIV transmission?
Australia’s national peak HIV organisation, the Australian Federation of AIDS Organisations (AFAO), is looking for an Accounts and Administration Officer to provide high quality business support to the organisation.
The Accounts and Administration Officer will be responsible for providing support to the organisation, including, but not limited to finance, administration, human resources and supporting the financial requirements of AFAO’s international projects. The position plays a critical role in supporting AFAO to achieve its goals of leading Australia’s community response to HIV.
The Accounts and Administration Officer reports directly to the Manager, Business Operations.
- Minimum two years’ general accounting and office administration experience
- Post-Secondary qualification in Accounting or Business Administration.
- Previous experience and proficiency working with accounting packages.
- Good understanding of accounting principles including accrual accounting, reconciliations, general ledgers, payroll management and preparedness to learn more complex functions and principles
- Intermediate Microsoft Office skills (including Word, Excel and PowerPoint).
- Ability to work well both within a team environment and autonomously.
- High level of organisational and coordination skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Ability to meet deadlines without compromising accuracy.
- Understanding and commitment to AFAO’s vision and values
- Experience of working with not-for-profit sector or community organisation.
- Experience with the accounting system ‘XERO’.
- Exposure to online banking, including overseas transfers.
About the Organisation
AFAO is the national federation for the HIV community response in Australia. AFAO works to end HIV transmission and reduce its impact on communities in Australia, Asia and the Pacific. AFAO’s members are the AIDS Councils in each state and territory; the National Association of People with HIV Australia (NAPWHA); the Australian Injecting & Illicit Drug Users League (AIVL); Anwernekenhe National HIV Alliance (ANA); and Scarlet Alliance, Australian Sex Workers Association. AFAO’s affiliate member organisations – spanning community, research and clinical workforce – share AFAO’s values and support the work we do.
Our member organisations represent the diverse communities most affected by HIV – lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender and intersex communities, sex workers, people who inject drugs, people with HIV and Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander communities. Our close connections with our communities provide us with rapid intelligence on changes in Australia’s HIV epidemic, allow us to mobilise and respond quickly and to act as a trusted communication channel to government, research and clinical partners.
Apply for this Job
For details concerning this role, please contact
Phone : 02 9557 9399
Email : email@example.com
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Accounts and Administration Officer via Pro Bono Australia.