About the Role
The Clinical Research Analyst (CRA) will work with the SAWD Management Committee to conduct analysis and produce scientific reports and regular clinical quality updates on registry data. The CRA will assist in transitioning the Severe Asthma Registry to a clinical, quality and safety registry.
This is a fixed term position for one year with possibility of extension dependent on ongoing funding.
• Work with the SAWD Management Committee to conduct statistical analysis of registry data.
• Develop reports that translate data for educational purposes and clinical improvement.
• Draft scientific and annual reports.
• Proactively undertake research which provides an evidence base for change strategies.
• Analyse and review data reports, identify issues, data discrepancies and provide clear concise summary documents.
• Apply research and analysis skills to scope options for best practice medical strategies.
• Conduct analysis using advanced organisational research methodologies.
• Conduct comprehensive quality control over research outputs for accuracy and alignment with requirements.
• Tertiary health or science degree in a relevant area
• Experience in clinical research work with a sound understanding of governance issues and requirements
• Strong clinical statistical analyst skills
• Excellent attention to detail
• Ability to communicate accurately and clearly both orally and in writing
• Ability to utilise research specific database software, such as REDCap
• Strong computer skills with proficiency in MS Office applications
• Familiarity with the Australian and NZ ethical and privacy guidelines concerning Clinical care, Clinical Registries and Research
• A commitment to advancing respiratory health in Australia and New Zealand
• Postgraduate health or science degree in a relevant area
• Sound understanding of medical records
• GCP training
• Knowledge of the regulatory legislation surrounding clinical trials, National Health Medical and Research Council (NHMRC), Good Clinical Practice Guidelines (GCP), the International Committee of Harmonisation (ICH), Medical Research Future Fund (MRFF), Therapeutic Goods Association (TGA), Pharmac (NZ), and other associated protocols
• Previous experience working in a Research or Data Analyst role
All applicants MUST include a cover letter addressing the Required Criteria in order to be considered for this role.
Please note that although we appreciate all interest in this role, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
About the Organisation
The Thoracic Society of Australia and New Zealand Ltd (TSANZ) is a company limited by guarantee and a health promotion charity (HPC) established to improve the knowledge and understanding of lung disease, to prevent respiratory illness through research and health promotion, and improving health care for people with respiratory disorders.
As the leaders in lung health we promote the:
• highest quality and standards of patient care
• development and application of knowledge about respiratory health and disease
• highest quality air standards including a tobacco smoke free society and effective regulation of novel nicotine delivery systems
• collaboration between all national organisations whose objects are to improve the wellbeing of individuals with lung disease and to promote better lung health for the community
• professional and collegiate needs of the Membership
"We lead, support and enable all health workers and researchers to prevent, cure and relieve disability from lung disease."
The TSANZ central office is located in the Sydney CBD and is staffed by a small team. The staff work as a team to maintain the operations of the organisation and support the Board achieve its strategic initiatives.
For more information visit www.thoracic.org.au
Apply for this Job
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Clinical Research Analyst via Pro Bono Australia.