About the Role
AMWCHR is seeking a dynamic and experienced manager to oversee the delivery of the Community programs portfolio.
The Community Programs Manager is required to;
- manage the engagement of relevant community and service provider stakeholders to deliver community programs.
- implement evidence based community development strategies that respond to community needs.
- coordinate the development, implementation and ongoing review of a range of projects that support practice within the community programs portfolio.
- develop and maintain relationships with key stakeholders within the sector.
- represent the AMWCHR on sector networks and advisory groups.
This role requires high level conceptual and analytical knowledge around human rights and issues relevant to Muslim communities, the ability to successfully manage a range of complexities and competing demands and stakeholder relationships with community leaders, service providers, funding bodies and other key influencers.
About the Organisation
The Australian Muslim Women’s Centre for Human Rights (AMWCHR) is an organisation of women working to advance the rights and status of Muslim women in Australia. We are a non-religious organisation reflecting the sectarian, cultural and linguistic diversity within the Muslim community.
We work for the rights of women by:
- Empowering women’s self-determination
- Bringing a human rights approach to bear on issues of inequality and disadvantage
- Working with individuals, the community, and government to advocate for equality within the Australian context. We aim to inspire positive action by others and aspire to continuously enhance the quality, impact and effectiveness of our work.
The AMWCHR community portfolio works with individuals, groups, and service providers in the following areas:
- Case work, referrals, secondary consultation and outreach
- Community-based programs and service delivery
- Capacity building
- Leadership development
- Policy development
- Partnership projects
Apply for this Job
For details concerning this role, please contact
Phone : 03 94813000
Email : email@example.com
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Community Programs Manager via Pro Bono Australia.