About the Role
The Australasian College for Emergency Medicine (ACEM) is a not-for-profit, member based organisation whose principal role is the training, assessment and professional development of emergency doctors for Australia and New Zealand. The College also advocates for and promotes access to the highest possible standards of emergency medicine across the two countries.
About the Organisation
We are seeking expressions of interest for a community representative to provide the consumer perspective of a non-clinician and prospective users of emergency care in Australia to inform the College’s “Experiences of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Patients in Emergency Departments” Project Working Group. Working closely with the Chair and other members of the governing body or entity, community representatives ensure balanced decisions are made that are in the best interests of the project, College, its members and trainees, and the community.
To be considered, individuals must have:
- the ability to analyse issues to assess implications for community access to high quality emergency medicine care;
- strong connections with Indigenous communities, and an understanding of issues faced by Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander patients in accessing emergency care;
- knowledge and understanding of governance principles within a not-for profit and/or membership organisation;
- experience serving on a similar committee or working group, with the capacity to work as a collaborative, contributing member.
- An understanding of the healthcare systems in Australia and/or New Zealand is desirable.
A copy of the Position Description, Policy and Terms of Reference are available at www.acem.org.au.
ACEM is an Equal Opportunity Employer who promotes, embraces and values diversity and inclusion in the workplace. Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples are encouraged to apply.
Apply for this Job
Email : EMET@acem.org.au
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Community Representative via Pro Bono Australia.