About the Role
The Schools Support Program works with primary and secondary schools throughout Victoria to support staff in their work with students and families of a refugee background. The program develops and maintains relationships with teaching professionals whilst working collaboratively within existing program frameworks to implement capacity building and change processes. For more information about at the program click here: http://www.foundationhouse.org.au/schools-support/
You will be responsible for the delivery of the Schools Support Program, partnering with schools using a whole-school approach to build the capacity of the school to effectively support students and families of refugee background.
We are offering an ongoing, full time position based in Brunswick, very accessible to public transport and with on-site parking.
- You have experience in coordinating the delivery of dynamic programs with the ability to identify and respond to emerging issues informed by evidence based approaches
- You are experienced in relationship management with key stakeholders including government, non-government and philanthropic organisations with excellent communication skills
- You are a leader in your field, with experience managing staff
- You have experience in the development and delivery of professional development, having worked collaboratively with teaching professionals in a school/education sector context
- A working knowledge of the issues facing families of refugee backgrounds will inform your approach to this work
Salary and Benefits
Remuneration is based on our Enterprise Agreement 2014 up to $99,729, gross per annum pro rata. Benefits include generous salary packaging, leave loading, a range of flexible working options and a highly supportive team environment.
VFST is an equal opportunity employer.
VFST promotes the safety and well-being of children.
The right to live and work in Australia is an essential requirement of this role.
About the Organisation
About Foundation House
The Victorian Foundation for Survivors of Torture Inc. (also known as Foundation House) provides services to advance the health, wellbeing and human rights of people of refugee backgrounds in Victoria who have experienced torture or other traumatic events in their country of origin or while fleeing those countries.
The organisation was established in Melbourne in 1987 and is non-denominational, politically neutral and non-aligned. Foundation House is a state-wide agency offering services in metropolitan, regional and rural areas, with head office based in Brunswick. We have approximately 200 staff with metropolitan regional offices in Dallas, Sunshine, Dandenong and Ringwood.
Apply for this Job
For details concerning this role, please contact
Phone : 0393898971
Email : email@example.com
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Coordinator Schools Support Program via Pro Bono Australia.