About the Role
This is a new role based in Sydney. The Executive Assistant reports to the Executive Director and is responsible for :
- Logistics: Domestic travel management and diary management.
- Organisation: Updating and maintaining internal databases, filing, managing our public info@ inbox, governance administration and minute-taking, volunteer coordination and project management.
- Finances: Expense reconciliation and invoice management on XERO.
The ideal candidate will have previous office experience as an assistant, legal secretary or paralegal. She, he, or they will have a hawk-eye for detail, a passion for logistics and a deep personal belief in social justice. She, he or they will have proven organisational skills, high level computer skills and a ‘yes’ attitude.
We’re seeking an experienced EA with 2+ years admin experience, who has a ‘yes’ attitude, is detail-oriented and has exceptional organisational skills.
You should have:
- A hawk eye for detail: You’re the type of person who always spots the typo or grammatical error, never double books themselves, keeps their inbox perfectly organised, shows up on time, and always remembers everyone’s birthdays.
- ‘Yes’ attitude: While you love to build efficient and reliable processes, you’ve also got a bias for producing results and a track record of thinking laterally to find solutions and persevering despite obstacles.
Organisational skills: You’ve got a demonstrated track record of prioritising and staying on top of multiple projects without dropping any balls, anticipating obstacles and using your time wisely.
- Communications and computers: You’re a wiz at communicating complex information clearly and concisely – whether over the phone, in person or via email. You know your way around Google Drive, Google Docs, Gmail, Google Calendar, Facebook, Twitter and all the other things!
- Experience working in a legal or corporate workplaces and experience using Xero are pluses but are not requirements.
Salary: $50k plus 9.5% super and 6 weeks leave annual leave pro rata and salary packaging options.
About the Organisation
Grata Fund is an innovative nonprofit organisation whose mission is to enable Australians to hold governments and corporations accountable via litigation on human rights, democratic freedoms and climate change.
We launched in 2016 by supporting Doctors for Refugees and Fitzroy Legal Service to successfully overturn draconian gag laws in the Border Force Act which threatened doctors with 2 years in prison for reporting abuse in offshore detention centres. Since then, we’ve worked to support cases ranging on issues from remote Indigenous housing rights, to climate change risk, to technology and human rights.
Grata Fund works closely with the legal sector, campaigners and academia to develop and fund critical game-changing public interest litigation. Based at the UNSW Law Centres Precinct, we plan to grow our young organisation into the leading strategic litigation incubator in the country.
Apply for this Job
For details concerning this role, please contact
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Executive Assistant via Pro Bono Australia.