About the Role
- Would suit compliance or governance professional
- Member of the Executive Team
- Manage engagement and communications with stakeholders
The Executive Officer role assists the General Secretary coordinate the effective functioning of General Synod’s governance arrangements through the delivery of secretariat services to its Standing Committee, supporting the planning and conduct of General Synod sessions, monitoring the legislation program, coordinating reporting requirements and appointment processes. You will also manage the correspondence and record management systems. Specific responsibilities include;
- Contributing to the planning and conduct of sessions of General Synod
- Responsibility for coordinating business papers and preparing minutes
- Managing the General Synod legislation database and publication program
- Coordinating administrative processes for appointments to General Synod bodies
- Develop and implement correspondence and records management systems
- Provision of timely advice and the preparation of correspondence, reports and briefings
- Developing and coordinating content for the intranet site
This role will suit candidates from a wide range of backgrounds with experience in a company secretariat and or governance function who possess the following transferable skills;
- Experience managing boards and sub committees, resolutions and minutes
- Providing high quality advice across a complex compliance and governance regime
- Effective engagement of key stakeholders including volunteers with a customer focus
- A commitment to quality service standards and delivery
- Management of complex long term multiple year projects
- Well-developed verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work collaboratively
- High level IT skills especially MS Word, MS Excel, PowerPoint & MS Access
For the successful applicant a commitment to the Christian mission is essential. You will also need availability to work out of hours on a weekend three or four times a year.
About the Organisation
The General Synod functions as a forum for the twenty three dioceses of the Anglican Church of Australia to consider and determine matters in the affairs of the Church. The primary mission of the General Synod Office is to assist the church in its engagement with Australian society.
On a daily basis the office provides for the efficient functioning of the General Synod, secretariat support to the Standing Committee, its executive, resourcing its Commissions, task forces, working groups and supporting the functions of the Primate.
Apply for this Job
Please click apply, submitting your cover letter and resume in MS Word format, quoting reference #34610. For more information please contact Lisa Morell on 02 8243 0570.
Please quote in application: Governance & Secretariat Role via Pro Bono Australia.