About the Role
Permanent part time – 1 day per week based in Campbelltown
- Bonus leave between Christmas and New Year
- Flexible, family friendly working arrangements
- Be a part of a dynamic team in an exciting role making a difference to people’s lives
- Also casual on call positions based in the Shoalhaven, Illawarra and Macarthur
The Group Worker plans and presents a range education workshops that target various community groups. The Group Worker also evaluates the effectiveness of groups, obtains client feedback and makes improvements. A holistic approach is taken whereby the needs of clients are assessed and referrals made to other programs that will support the client to reach their goals. Administrative and data entry tasks are also completed to monitor KPIs across the program.
- Strong people skills to quickly engage group participants, and manage dynamics that arise within groups.
- Have a thorough understanding of the complex issues experienced by families
- Be able to deliver a quality service, that complies with licensing and accreditation requirements
- Be a strong advocate for CatholicCare, participating in promotional and community development activities
- Hold a Certificate IV in Workplace Training and Assessment AND/OR other tertiary qualifications in social work; social science; welfare; education or psychology
- An unencumbered NSW Drivers Licence and access to a reliable car to work across the Diocese.
- Above award pay
- Access to ongoing learning and professional development training
- Career progression opportunities
About the Organisation
CatholicCare Wollongong is an inclusive social welfare organisation committed to helping anyone in need regardless of religious beliefs.
We embrace diverse communities across the Illawarra, ShoalHaven, Macarthur, Southern Highlands and South Coast NSW regions supporting people to have positive relationships and connected lives; achieve the dignity of self-reliance; and realise their full human potential.
Apply for this Job
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Group Workers via Pro Bono Australia.