About the Role
Brisbane Powerhouse is the home for living art, ideas and experiences, representing the personality of contemporary Brisbane offering a year-round program of music, comedy, Writers and Ideas, film, visual arts, cabaret, circus and theatre. Producing some of Queensland and Australia’s largest events, proudly creating events and experiences that couldn’t exist anywhere else, including the adrenalin rush of festivals, outstanding dining experiences, and the joy of witnessing a great performance. The iconic building is the hero of the story, with audiences and artists intersecting at its heart.
An opportunity has arisen for an experienced manager to join this vibrant organisation. Reporting to the CEO and with connection to the Board through membership of the Finance and Audit Committee, this role is a member of a small and highly effective management team. Leading a small team, the core purpose of this role is to provide the leadership, management and vision necessary to ensure that the company has the proper operational controls, administrative and reporting procedures, and people systems in place to effectively grow the organisation and to ensure financial strength and operating efficiency.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Financial management including monthly reporting, tax, budgeting, treasury, grants, payroll, AP & AR
- Oversight of all governance and controls relating to Finance, HR and Precinct Management
- Support of commercial decision making through business analysis and review and implementation of contractual arrangements
- Oversight of business systems effectiveness, internal controls and standards
- Oversight of HR including core delivery functions of recruitment, onboarding, retention, benefits, employee engagement and wellness and HR legislation compliance
To be successful you will be CA/CPA qualified with experience managing a small finance team and operations and business administration beyond finance. You will have had exposure to Boards or Committees and have been exposed to government funding for the NFP sector. Your style will be collaborative, flexible and commercial with a keen appreciation for the balance required in an environment that delivers both social and economic benefits to the community.
Brisbane Powerhouse is offering the opportunity to work in an iconic site, a role that has breadth and autonomy and exposure to a vibrant and exciting arts community.
About the Organisation
Apply for this Job
For details concerning this role, please contact
Phone : 07 3305 5800
Email : email@example.com
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Head of Business Services via Pro Bono Australia.