About the Role
Reporting to the board of the PPGF Australia and working closely with the Global CEO, the Head of PayPal Giving Australia, Australia will lead the growth of the PPGF business in Australia.
They will work closely with the group CFO to ensure the effective resourcing and operationalisation of PayPal Giving Fund’s vision in Australia. They will also interact with PayPal Australia staff to ensure close coordination and support to charities, merchant partners, and consumers/donors in Australia. The Head of PayPal Giving Australia will also work closely with the accounting staff of PPGF, the PayPal cause product team, and the PayPal customer support team manage the day to day activities of PPGF Australia.
The Head of PayPal Giving Australia, Australia’s specific responsibilities will include:
Strategy, governance and oversight
- Support the CEO and CFO in developing a strategy for growth in Australia through partnerships with leading internet businesses including PayPal
- Responsibility and oversight for the governance of PPGF Australia, including company secretarial work and reporting to regulators and the board.
- Work closely with external counsel and auditors to ensure appropriate support and professional advice is provided, so that PPGF remains compliant with relevant laws and regulations.
Financial and operational management
- Engage with auditors and CFO to implement financial accounting standards, ensure effective financial management of Australian operations
- Oversee day-to-day operational accounting for Australian entity, such as the payment of invoices, and support the group CFO in establishing appropriate financial controls.
- Lead on the preparation and approval of all financial reporting materials and metrics for our funders and stakeholders, supporting the CFO in preparing and communicating monthly and annual financial statements.
Partner integration and product management
- Ensure partner integrations meet required Australian disclosure and regulatory requirements, and the operational needs of PPGF.
Customer support and relationship management
- Coordinate with PPGF Account Manager(s) and PP relationship managers to ensure the effective provision of additional support for merchant partners and charities.
Marketing and communications
- Work with PayPal cause, PPGF, and PayPal Australia teams to oversee and coordinate marketing and outreach to both charities and donors.
The Head of PayPal Giving Australia, Australia will be an accountable and entrepreneurial leader with broad finance, governance, operations, and marketing experience. It is expected that the successful candidate will have an extensive and varied experience working in a registered charity, and will thrive with fast-paced, action oriented colleagues.
The Head of PayPal Giving Australia, Australia will have the following experience and attributes:
- Relevant professional degree or experience in an Australian charity.
- Strong experience in technology-focused organisations and/or charities launching products or initiatives.
- An in depth understanding of compliance issues in relation to charities. A knowledge of regulations relating to fundraising and payments is a plus.
- Strong governance experience.
- Mature and proactive, with evidence of having worked across lines to build relationships and achieve results.
- Strong analytical skills and experience interpreting a strategic vision into an operational model.
- A collaborative and flexible style, able to handle ambiguity and dependencies on external organizations, with a strong service mentality.
- An effective communicator, with strong oral and written skills.
- The Head of PayPal Giving Australia, Australia will also be able to demonstrate a commitment to the values and working behaviours of PayPal Giving Fund.
As this is a contract role for a period of 12 months we would prefer applicants to have an ABN and full working rights to work in Australia.
About the Organisation
At PayPal, we believe that now is the time to democratize financial services so that moving and managing money is a right for all citizens, not just the affluent. We are driven by this purpose, and we uphold our cultural values of collaboration, innovation, wellness and inclusion as our guide for making decisions and conducting business every day. It is our duty and privilege to be customer champions and put those we serve at the center of everything we do.
We are one team that respects and values diversity of thought for everyone, everywhere, and we actively seek to create an energizing workplace that brings out the best in all of us. If you’re ready to shape the future of money, join the team at PayPal. We're proud to work here. You will be too.
About PayPal Giving Fund
PayPal Giving Fund (PPGF) is a grant-giving charity that uses technology to make online giving a part of everyday life. We do this by enabling donors to support their favourite charities across a number of partner platforms.
Funded by PayPal, we are a registered charity in the US, UK, Canada and now Australia. We offer an experience hard to find anywhere else: the opportunity to interact with the Internet’s largest businesses, work with cutting-edge technologies in a friendly and energetic small-team environment and do a lot of good in the process. http://paypalgivingfund.org
Apply for this Job
For details concerning this role, please contact
Phone : +61414996789
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
Please quote in application: Head of PayPal Giving Fund Australia via Pro Bono Australia.