About the Role
This 6 month contract role is reporting to the Team Leader – Community Housing, and is primarily responsible for providing effective housing, tenancy and property management solutions and services to our tenants and delivering exceptional customer service. You will be part of a cohesive team that is committed to social justice and will be instrumental in assisting with the achievement of long term project milestones and ensuring we deliver quality standards within deadlines and budgets.
You will be responsible for the preparation of documentation, attending NCAT hearings as required, working proactively to assist individual tenants and household members in their community, identifying early indicators of distress and assisting tenants to sustain their tenancy. You will also be responsible for the maintenance of adequate and appropriate records and liaising with support agencies and government bodies where required.
The Right Person
You are organised with highly developed written and verbal communication skills and have the ability to engage and actively listen to our tenants. You have a positive attitude and strive to achieve successful outcomes for clients whilst successfully maintaining service level agreements.
You are self-driven, with a demonstrated ability to effectively plan and organise your own workload and establish priorities. You have an understanding of the legal framework for social housing and respect cultural and social diversity. You thrive off project coordination, working to target-driven deadlines and managing stakeholder relationships.
You are eager to develop a career in tenancy management, ideally possess some experience with tenancy management systems and are a keen learner.
Essential Selection Criteria
- Typically, 3+ years’ relevant experience in a similar position;
- Delivers an excellent customer service experience to all stakeholders;
- Current driver licence and right to drive in NSW;
- Certificate IV or higher in Social Housing or a related field (desirable);
- Effectively establishes priorities and plans own workload;
- Confident user of MS Office, Word, Excel and Outlook;
- Demonstrated application of effective and appropriate communication skills at a high level;
- Awareness of the social and community housing sector services and principles;
- Effectively manages difficult or challenging customer interactions;
- Current valid National Criminal Check or willingness to obtain one.
Conditions and Benefits
Generous salary, NFP salary sacrifice (tax-free component may increase take home pay), 35 hour week, flexible workplace, smartphone provision, shared fleet vehicle access for field work, and genuine development opportunities.
About the Organisation
Evolve Housing is a community focused provider of social and affordable housing. We provide innovative housing services and solutions to those in need and develop partnerships that provide positive social outcomes for individuals and their communities.
Evolve Housing has over 25 years’ experience in property and tenancy management and a reputation for social excellence. With a current portfolio of over 4,000 social and affordable properties housing over 10,000 people, we offer the opportunity to work for a dynamic and rapidly growing organisation.
Apply for this Job
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Housing Manager via Pro Bono Australia.