About the Role
ABOUT THE ROLE
The HR & Legal Compliance Manager will provide broad human resources, legal and contract, risk and compliance and oversee the office management function. This role will report directly to the CFO/General Manager Corporate Services. This is a new role that offers a good work/life balance with the option of working either 4 or 5 days per week. This is a fixed term contract role, initially for 12 months with view for further extension.
The key responsibilities of the HR & LEGAL COMPLIANCE MANAGER role will be:
- Managing all legal aspects of the organisation’s operations, including identifying and mitigating legal risks
- Instructing and liaising with external lawyers
- Manage the Human Resources function including supporting the CEO and CFO in the implementation of the workforce plan
- Manage the learning and development framework
- Contract management
- Provide legal advice to the team
- Supervise the payroll function
- Supervise the office administration and office management staff
- Support the organisation risk and compliance framework
- Manage the organisation policies and SOPs including ISO compliance management
- All other task as instructed by the CEO and CFO
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE
- Business or Law degree
- Have between 3-12 years with law firm and/or in-house legal experience
- Strong experience in general commercial law issues
- Excellent drafting skills in relation to drafting transaction documents, general commercial agreements, advice writing and a range of correspondence
- Be commercially minded, have the ability to hit the ground running and manage relationships with all levels of a business
Short Listed candidates will be contacted after the closing date and interviews will be held on the 3rd week of November 2018.
For more information, please visit our website and download the information package from www.hlw.org.au and then put in your application through SEEK demonstrating how your skills and experiences make you the candidate we are urgently looking for.
If you require more information or to discuss your application, please contact Sia Poteri on 07 3177 9113 for a confidential conversation.
The closing date for applications is 4pm on 07 November 2018.
About the Organisation
As a non-for-profit organisation Healthy Land and Water (HLW) strives to protect and improve waterways and natural asset health in Queensland. The waterways and natural assets are an integral part of our lifestyle and economy. With a rapidly growing population and increasingly unpredictable climate, the challenge is to protect our precious natural assets for future generations to enjoy.
Apply for this Job
For details concerning this role, please contact
Phone : (07) 3177 9113
Email : email@example.com
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: HR & LEGAL COMPLIANCE MANAGER via Pro Bono Australia.