About the Role
ABOUT THE ROLE
An exciting new opportunity has arisen at Djirra for a Marketing & Communications Advisor. This is a busy stand-alone role where you will bring your marketing and communication skills to support the marketing of Djirra. You will undertake the daily implementation of our promotional work, online strategies and events; effectively market Djirra and its programs and activities; and oversee the organisation’s brand management.
Duties and responsibilities include:
- Developing marketing campaigns for specific services, events, and new initiatives;
- Contributing to the development of annual marketing and communications plans aligned with the Strategic Plan and operational needs;
- Coordinating external communications for Djirra initiatives as designed by the Corporate Services Manager;
- Coordinating and overseeing the writing and production of all print and electronic publications and marketing collateral, including the annual report and newsletter;
- Developing and managing Djirra’s website and intranet, and coordinating Djirra’s social media approach;
- Establishing relationships with key media representatives and identifying media opportunities;
- Planning and coordinating the delivery of key events involving external stakeholders, including launches and NAIDOC week events;
- Ensuring the organisation functions effectively, and is clearly positioned externally as an Aboriginal Community Controlled Organisation.
- An undergraduate degree in a Marketing or a relevant discipline and/or significant experience in communications, marketing, public relations, or community services.
- Demonstrated capacity to effectively implement marketing campaigns.
- Experience in managing websites, online content, e-marketing and social media.
- Strong copywriting skills.
- Demonstrated capacity to deliver successful events.
- Demonstrated ability to support the generation of funds through events and online activity.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Generous salary packaging options
- Flexible work-life balance, including access to a monthly Rostered-Day-Off, Cultural Leave, paid Parental Leave and Annual Leave Loading
- Extra annual leave over the Christmas and New Year period
- Conveniently located a few hundred metres from the Eastern Freeway entrance and Victoria Park train station with some great cafes and restaurants nearby.
To find out more about the role and how to apply, please visit the Get Involved page on Djirra’s website www.djirra.org.au.
About the Organisation
Djirra supports Aboriginal women's journey to safety and well-being and provides legal and practical support to Aboriginal people experiencing family violence. Djirra is an Aboriginal Community Controlled Organisation with a rich history, established over 15 years ago (as the Aboriginal Family Violence Prevention and Legal Service Victoria).
Apply for this Job
For details concerning this role, please contact
Phone : 03 9244 3333
Email : email@example.com
To find out more about the role and how to apply, please visit the 'Get Involved' page on Djirra’s website www.djirra.org.au.
Enquiries may be directed to Teresa Kyprianou, HR Advisor at firstname.lastname@example.org or (03) 9244 3333.
Applications must include a CV and cover letter.
Applications will close upon appointment of the successful candidate and only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Please quote in application: Marketing & Communications Advisor via Pro Bono Australia.