About the Role
Download a full position description here.
Hours of work: 24 hours per week, plus any additional reasonable hours required to carry out duties
Salary: $30-38K per year (FTE $50-60K)
Key Contacts: PFRA member charities and agencies, PFRA staff, state and local government officials, local business associations, business owners, general public
Travel: Occasional travel to regional WA locations, as required.
Contract basis: One year contract, dependent on ongoing member based funding.
PURPOSE OF POSITION
- To support the PFRA Regulation Coordinator (WA) in carrying out the work of the PFRA
- To provide the best possible policy, compliance and regulatory support to members
- Promote and champion the medium of F2F fundraising to a wide range of audiences including the general public, government, local authorities, and charities
- To effectively implement the PFRA’s self-regulation processes and through this, to maintain F2F as a sustainable form of fundraising
- Experience in working in a fundraising locations coordination or local government place management or similar roles
- Experience in working within a member-led organisation
- Experience of working within the not-for-profit sector, ideally within fundraising roles
- Experience in working in a small organisation or team
- Experience in providing effective support to managers in a small team
- Experience in government liaison at a local government level
- Experience in liaison with local business associations and business owners
- Experience of working within a regulatory environment, ideally within the fundraising or not-for-profit sector
- Experience in development and delivery of training programs would be ideal
SKILLS AND ATTRIBUTES
- High levels of written and verbal communications skills
- Strong interpersonal and negotiation skills
- The ability to manage a complex workload both personally and organisationally
- Knowledge of face to face fundraising or equivalent direct marketing channels in a commercial environment
- Knowledge of local government processes and systems
- High level administrative skills
- High level of attention to detail
- A proven ability to remain objective, and consistent
- Proven strengths in developing effective relationships with a wide range of individuals including relationships at very senior levels in large organisations
- A commitment to the values, vision and objectives of the PFRA
- Eligibility to work in Australia (or willingness to acquire the right to work in Australia)
- Willingness to undergo a police check
- Willingness to undertake reasonable intrastate travel.
About the Organisation
The PFRA is the self-regulatory body for Face-to-Face (F2F) fundraising in Australia.
The role of the PFRA is to make sure that the right balance is maintained between the duty of charities to ask for donations and the right of the public to experience high standards of behaviour from our members’ fundraiser.
The PFRA has been established specifically to regulate F2F fundraising and ensure compliance with a Standard. This includes:
- Setting standards
- Checking that fundraisers comply with the Standard through a quality assurance program
- Enforcing the Standard through a penalty, sanctions and remediation regime
Apply for this Job
For details concerning this role, please contact
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: PFRA Regulation Officer WA via Pro Bono Australia.