About the Role
- Make a key contribution to healing for the Stolen Generations
- Meaningful role working with inspiring Board members
- National focus from Sydney office
The Opportunity: Coota Girls Aboriginal Corporation are seeking a high performing Programs Manager to help the organisation drive forward with its mission to restore peace, balance and harmony in the lives of the Stolen Generations and their children. This is an opportunity to contribute to healing initiatives for the Stolen Generations while working with incredible and inspiring women who form the Coota Girls Organisation Board members. You will have the opportunity to make a real impact within an emerging organisation in a range of programs and projects, ensuring a strong voice for Coota Girls for years to come.
The Role: This newly created role will work to the Board of Coota Girls fulfilling the role of enabler, supporting them to deliver on their strategic and operational plans. The Program Manager will work collaboratively with a broad range of stakeholders to design and develop a variety of programs, and implement initiatives that further their cause. Responsibilities include:
- Supporting the Coota Girls to diversify its funding sources by assisting with funding submissions to government and philanthropic organisations
- Write and lead, in consultation with the Coota Girls Board, the development of submissions on Stolen Generations, trauma and healing matters to Government, Parliamentary and other bodies
- Plan, manage and monitor the delivery of contracted programs and projects according to Coota Girls procedures to ensure the achievement of agreed objectives, milestones, timeframes and budgets through clear, comprehensive and enforceable contracts and proactive risk management.
- Support the Board and members and work collaboratively with other Stolen Generations organisations, Governments, Business and Coota Girls Partners in ensuring a strong voice for Coota Girls within policy at state and national levels.
The Person: You pride yourself on strong personal accountability and drive, and you enjoy working autonomously and taking initiative to deliver results. The idea of making a contribution to healing for the stolen generations is very appealing, and you would have strong experience delivering programs of a similar nature. You are a skilled communicator, with excellent writing capabilities with the ability to interpret information and write to a variety of audiences including Government. You have the ability to work collaboratively and sensitively with Stolen Generations members and uphold their self–determination, and can work in a trauma informed way with strong conflict resolution skills You could come from a variety of professional backgrounds including:
- Community development, ideally with Indigenous communities (e.g. remote Indigenous communities)
- Community development (overseas), experience supporting developing communities to prosper
- NGO or NFP organisations with a similar community development focus
- A community services organisation that has given you significant experience working with Aboriginal and Torres Strait Island Communities
This is a great opportunity for someone with strong empathy for the Coota Girls and their Mission.
Suitably qualified and experienced Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply for this opportunity.
About the Organisation
Coota Girls is an emerging Non-for-Profit Indigenous Corporation that was founded in 2013, established by a group of former residents of the Cootamundra Domestic Training Home for Aboriginal Girls. The Coota Girls Corporation is seeking to re-establish the human rights framework advocated by the Bringing Them Home report.
The Coota Girls Aboriginal Corporation aims to meet the social, emotional and spiritual wellbeing support needs of former residents, their families and descendants who live across New South Wales.
Read more about Coota Girls – https://www.cootagirls.org.au/
Apply for this Job
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Programs Manager – Coota Girls via Pro Bono Australia.