About the Role
- Providing quality care to Victorians and their families living with disabilities
- Promote a culture of continuous quality improvement to enhance services
- 12 month contract role based in Hawthorn
Benefits & Culture
- Generous salary packaging provisions
- Flexible/remote working arrangements
- phone/laptop included
- Professional development, ongoing training, mentoring by industry leaders
- High employee retention rates
The Quality and Safeguarding Lead is an exciting opportunity for a highly motivated person who enjoys implementing systems change and will be a key link between the Quality team at Scope and Home@Scope Quality, Safety and Compliance mobilisation team. The role has responsibility for the implementation of the quality systems and Safeguarding requirements of the Home@Scope customers and their families.
Reporting to the Quality Service Manager and working closely with the Quality team, the Quality Safeguarding Lead will have responsibility to meet the mobilization project milestones and reporting related to the mobilisation of services.
Specifically the role will involve-
- Communicating and implementing strategy for Home@Scope policy and procedures.
- Ensuring Home@Scope services are aligned to NDIS practice, compliance and quality standards
- Developing the quality and standards communications to Home@Scope management and staff
- Implementation and communication of the government incident management systems
- Complaints management and worker screening
- Advice around service practice improvement
- Championing Scope’s quality framework.
This role would suit a quality professional that has a sound understanding of people living with a disability, and wants to move into a project based role that offers more autonomy and responsibilities. Someone who is comfortable with being a quality advocate within the organisation and managing stakeholders at all levels.You can demonstrate;
- Proven experience in the disability sector and /or a sound understanding of people living with a disability.
- Understanding of Quality s principles and functions
- Working knowledge of contemporary quality management systems and IT literacy
- A collaborative and inspiring work style and ability to communicate according to the needs of the audience
- Highly developed written and verbal communication skills including report writing and presentations
About the Organisation
Scope Australia’s services help more than 6000 individuals and their families in Victoria across more than 100 service locations. Scope inspires and leads change to deliver best practice and better outcomes for the disability sector.
Scope is one of the successful service providers in a recent government tender process and will be embarking on a historic opportunity to transform the way Victorians with disability access services to ensure they get the support and care they need, consistent with Scope’s mission and values.
A significant percentage of government operated disability accommodation (also known as Supported Independent Living) and respite services (Short Term Accommodation and Assistance) will be transferred to Home@Scope commencing in March 2019.
Apply for this Job
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Quality and Safeguarding Lead via Pro Bono Australia.