About the Role
Summary of the Job
An exciting opportunity exists for a Registered Nurse who will be responsible for providing clinical support and advice to the General Practitioner and Exodus Staff. The Registered Nurse is also responsible for providing health services to the Exodus Foundation’s community. The Registered Nurse will undertake all duties in a caring and supportive manner consistent with Exodus core values to provide an exceptional standard of care to guests.
Specifically, this role involves:
- To work closely with and assist the General Practitioner and other members of the SHW team to ensure that the best possible primary health care is provided to guests.
- Contribute to departmental planning and support the Exodus Foundation in developing and maintaining a holistic approach to service delivery.
- Providing physical and general psychological comfort and support.
- Assisting with assessment of guest health needs, including observation.
- Monitoring and measuring clients’ health status.
- Providing medication administration.
- Undertaking nursing interventions relevant to the level of practice or accreditation.
- Providing consultation and collaborative management with team members, and other agencies observing cultural sensitivity, confidentiality, and clients’ rights.
- Developing effective working relationships with other Health clinicians in the acute and non-acute setting and with NGOs to assist in advocating for clients.
- Promoting community awareness of the needs of consumers and potential consumers and the resources available to meet their care needs.
- Supervising students attached to the Service.
The successful applicant will have:
- Bachelor of Nursing or equivalent.
- Current registration or eligible for registration as a Registered Nurse (List A) with Australian Health Practitioner Registration Authority (AHPRA).
- At least 5 years’ experience within a clinical setting in Australia.
- Experience providing clinical support within a GP/ medical practice
- 2 years’ experience in Accident and Emergency (A&E) in Australia
- Highly desirable experience with medical practice software (Medical Director/ Pracsoft; Bestpractice)
- Applied knowledge, skills, and experience in general practice as appropriate for the position
- Sound computer literacy with MS Word software
- Personal Professional Indemnity insurance certificate of currency
- Training in CPR, undertaken within the past year
- Knowledge of standard office administrative practices and procedures
- Excellent communication skills written, oral and listening, across all ages and social groups.
- Ability to work in a dynamic environment
- Have qualities of strength, calmness, and resilience
- Personal passion for community health, welfare, and embracing a holistic approach to social health and well-being outcomes to disadvantaged and marginalised sectors of the community.
- Provide references – at least three
- Provide a National Criminal History Record Check
- Provide a Working with Children Check Number
- Competitive salary and salary packing
- Professional development and training
- A great opportunity to promote health and well-being to people’s lives
About the Organisation
The Exodus Foundation is a registered charity that combats disadvantage in its many forms – by providing food, educational, and social health and wellbeing services without discrimination to those who need it most.
Our story began in 1986, when Reverend Bill Crews was ordained as minister of the Ashfield Uniting Church Parish Mission. Seeing a desperate need for a support service for homeless and at-risk people in the Inner-West of Sydney, Bill opened the doors to the Church to offer shelter and what food was available.
In 2009, we added a night food van to provide hot meals to the homeless who live in Sydney’s CBD. Then in 2011, we added a stationary food van service based in Marrickville, creating a free meal service for Sydney’s Inner West’s growing homeless population.
Apply for this Job
For details concerning this role, please contact
Phone : 02 87524607
Email : HR@exodusfoundation.org.au
If you feel you are suitably qualified for this position and you can bring your experience to the role, please send a copy of your CV and cover letter addressing the selection criteria to Carmen Haley at HR@exodusfoundation.org.au
Only people with the right to work in this country may apply for this position.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
Please quote in application: Registered Nurse via Pro Bono Australia.