About the Role
- Research & Analysis
- Policy Development
- Project Management
Reporting to ACOLA’s Director, Policy & Projects, you will be an experienced researcher & project manager. Engaging all levels of stakeholder, you will ensure success of ACOLA’s diverse & multiple projects.
- Undertake research & analysis across ACOLA’s priority areas
- Assist with the management of research projects, including organising events and workshops, writing reports and coordinating review processes
- Engage with key stakeholders to facilitate identification of key issues and adoption of key policy statements
- Assist and coordinate the development of policy statements and submissions in identified areas of strategic focus
- Interact with government and other key stakeholders
- Provide technical and administrative support to ACOLA’s working groups
- Post-graduate degree with some research experience
- Experience in project management and project administration
- Experience in undertaking research, analysis and report writing
- Experience interacting with people at all levels of seniority
- Experience and interest in policy analysis preferred
- Some experience managing workshops and medium-scale events is desirable
- Experience with communications, web content and social media management is desirable
Working with a small & dedicated team this role is based in Melbourne & close to public transport. Some planned interstate travel is required. Initial contract is for one year, with review to ongoing yearly continuation.
About the Organisation
ACOLA is the platform where Australia’s Learned Academies, with over 2,000 of the nation’s most eminent scientists, researchers, scholars & practitioners, come together to contribute to informing national policy & to develop innovative solutions to complex global problems & emerging national needs.
Apply for this Job
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Research and Policy Officer via Pro Bono Australia.