About the Role
In this new role, your responsibilities will include:
- Leading the review of existing, and the development of new, policies and procedures that form the Safeguarding framework, ensuring alignment to best practice standards
- Leading the development of annual Safeguarding work plans across the agency, and supporting their implementation
- Managing internal processes for compliance on Safeguarding and any external reporting requirements
- Working with the wider International Programs team to cascade Safeguarding requirements to partners and their communities and to strengthen partner capacities in relation to Safeguarding
You will thrive in this role if you:
- Are in touch with the leading edge of Protection and Safeguarding best practices and trends, especially in the areas of child protection, prevention of sexual exploitation, abuse, and harassment (PSEAH) protection mainstreaming, and feedback and complaints mechanisms
- Have experience with compliance and reporting in a medium to large organisation, including designing work plans, managing stakeholders and presenting information in clear and comprehensive ways
- Have excellent interpersonal skills and enjoy influencing and facilitating change across multiple and cross cultural stakeholder groups, at all levels of the organisation
- Can apply beliefs and values consistent with Caritas Australia’s Mission, Vision and Code of Conduct and Catholic Social Teaching
About the Organisation
Caritas Australia is the Catholic agency for international humanitarian relief and development in Australia. Through effective relationships with the Church, partners and communities in Africa, Asia, the Pacific and Australia, Caritas Australia helps to end poverty, promote justice and uphold dignity. Our programs promote the good of every person, regardless of peoples, religious, political or cultural beliefs.
Caritas Australia is an agency established under the Australian Catholic Bishops Conference. Our National Office is based in Sydney and we have offices in several capital cities throughout Australia. Almost half of our staff are based overseas.
At Caritas Australia, Safeguarding refers to the actions, policies and procedures that create and maintain protective environments for all, including our paid and volunteer staff, contractors, partners, and program participants/beneficiaries, particularly those that are most vulnerable to exploitation, abuse or exclusion. Safeguarding includes prevention, mitigation, response and feedback and complaints handling mechanisms.
Apply for this Job
For details concerning this role, please contact
Phone : 0408405349
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Safeguarding Coordinator via Pro Bono Australia.