About the Role
- Location: Chirnside Park
- Full time positions
- Salary: $65,000k to $71,000k
This position is responsible for supporting the development, endorsement, implementation, and review of cultural plans for vulnerable Aboriginal children and young people living in out-of-home care. He/She will support the development of cultural plans by care teams, assessing and providing support where needed, and recommend cultural plans are endorsed by the Chief Executive Officer. This includes reviewing cultural plans and working with care teams to ensure they are of a suitable standard and address the cultural needs of vulnerable Aboriginal children and young people.
To be considered for this role you must demonstrate
- Expert knowledge of the unique history and current circumstances of Aboriginal children, families and community and ability to apply this to Child Protection cultural planning.
- Expert knowledge of Aboriginal cultures and communities, preferably Victorian communities
- An expert understanding and ability to embed in practice, the core responsibilities and principles underpinning cultural planning for Aboriginal children residing in out-of-home care.
- Expert knowledge of child development, attachment and trauma theories as they relate to child and family welfare practice.
- Commitment to VACCA’s vision and purpose
About the Organisation
Victorian Aboriginal Child Care Agency (VACCA) operates within the context that Aboriginal children continue to be significantly over-represented in the protection and care system within Victoria. VACCA considers that it has the responsibility and the opportunity to promote, advocate for and achieve positive changes in the lives of Aboriginal children, their families and the broader Aboriginal community.
If you like to be part of an Organization that strives in strengthening the safety and wellbeing and cultural connectedness of Aboriginal children, individuals and families in their community, we want to hear from you
Apply for this Job
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Senior Advisor- Cultural Support Planning via Pro Bono Australia.