About the Role
Situated in the Foundation’s integrated Strategic Communication and Marketing Branch, this newly created position is ideally suited to a seasoned professional with a strong background in public sector communication and media relations.
The role will involve formulating corporate, issue- and project-specific communication advice, developing and implementing communication strategies and media plans, and writing content for a diverse group of stakeholders, partners and other audiences. In addition, it may be called upon to provide guidance and/or support to others in the team responsible for event management, content development, marketing campaigns and liaison with ministerial staff.
You are a highly experienced and results-oriented communication specialist who enjoys working in a demanding and issues-rich environment, can quickly analyse and provide astute communication advice on complex information, enthusiastically embraces challenges, and thrives working in a team as well as independently.
You are flexible, collaborative and resilient in your approach, remain calm and think clearly in a ‘crisis’, form productive professional relationships, and value inclusivity. And you are known for your initiative, political nous and media savvy.
Importantly, you enjoy working on a diverse range of communication projects and making a contribution to work that has genuine implications for, and seeks to improve the lives of, real people in our community.
- demonstrated experience in, and a strong track record of, developing and implementing successful communication strategies that support an organisation’s key priorities
- highly developed analytical and sound judgement skills
- expertise in proactive and reactive media engagements
- high proficiency in a range of writing styles that meet the needs of different audiences, including key messages, corporate documents, ministerial briefs, speeches, talking points, media releases, web copy, information and promotion materials
- proven ability to translate complex research into plain English and inform the community of the outcomes in a compelling way
- strong interpersonal skills and an ability to liaise and negotiate effectively, including with senior managers and ministerial staff
- demonstrated commitment to support and nurture the skills of other team members
- a tertiary qualification or equivalent experience in communications, media, public relations or a related field.
About the Organisation
The Victorian Responsible Gambling Foundation is a statutory authority, established in 2011. Our mission is to improve the health and wellbeing of Victorians by working with communities and government to deliver effective, evidence-based initiatives to reduce and prevent gambling harm and provide support for those seeking help. We take a public health approach to our work, which means we focus on prevention, early intervention and support for Victorians who are particularly vulnerable to gambling harm, including in outer metropolitan, regional and rural communities.
Apply for this Job
For details concerning this role, please contact
Phone : 03 9452 2650
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Senior Media & Communication Advisor via Pro Bono Australia.