About the Role
- Reservoir & Essendon
- Full time, 1.0 EFT +ADO optional
If you’re looking for an opportunity to work closely with the local community and are committed to providing support and assistance to those in the community that are experiencing challenges, then this is the place for you!
- Variety in work and a sense of achievement;
- Enjoy Not for Profit generous salary packaging options, which will significantly increase the value of take-home pay and reduce your taxable income;
- Role diversity and internal career progression opportunities;
- A supportive, flexible and autonomous work environment.
These positions will be leadership roles within the program and will work closely with Youth Services Managers and Youth Residential staff to ensure the delivery of a high quality, dynamic service, within a Collaborative Recovery framework, which meets the needs of young people who are experiencing mental health challenges.
All about you:
- A curious and positive approach to your work life, continuously striving to contribute to the growth and development of cohealth as a provider of choice;
- Possess leadership, team building and organisational skills;
- Hold a Tertiary qualification and/or commensurate work experience in fields related to mental health, youth or health;
- A detailed understanding of recovery as it relates to young people and mental health, trauma informed practice and the collaborative recovery model; and
- Strong cultural competency skills and understanding, including high level verbal, written and administrative skills.
As our Senior Youth Residential Support Worker, your daily duties will be diverse however, in essence will include:
- Providing recovery-oriented services to young people, utilising the CRM and Recovery Star models and coaching principles. Including identifying needs, aspirations and goals in the development and implementation of client-directed, strengths-based care plans;
- Providing support to young people in developing and maintaining social, domestic, personal care, recreation and other skills needed for independent living and self-management in the community;
- Developing and maintaining collaborative relationships – particularly with clinical and community services partners and the family and significant others of young people within the program; and
- Within this role you will be required to work every third weekend and participate in an after-hours on call roster.
About the Organisation
Who is cohealth?
For more information about cohealth and the services provided, please visit our website: www.cohealth.org.au
Apply for this Job
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Senior Youth Residential Support Worker – Two positions available via Pro Bono Australia.