About the Role
About the Opportunity
We are seeking a suitably qualified and experienced Team Leader Group Work for the Relationship Education Programs at Penrith Centre.
The Penrith Centre offers several groups focusing on family safety, men’s behaviour change, parenting and communication. We have a busy schedule with the groups being run within the weeks of the school terms. We currently have some existing partnerships with other organisations and look to continue or expand in this area. The groups we run have both a psycho-educational and therapeutic component. The Team Leader role coordinates the program planning, partnerships, staffing, and supervision.
The role of the Team Leader is a senior role and forms part of the Leadership Group comprised of Centre Manager and four Team Leaders. The successful candidate will be a key support and advisor to the Centre Manager and is autonomous in effective application of centre policies with the relevant staff under supervision. The primary function of the role is to provide supervision, training and leadership to the Relationship Educators/ Group Workers, as well as providing direct service to clients as required.
To be successful in this role, you will have well developed clinical supervisory skills, experience in the role of a Group Worker / Relationship Educator (or a similar role), as well as flexibility, initiative, coordination and organisational skills. Some of your responsibilities will be as follows:
- To ensure quality services through support, supervision and leadership;
- Facilitating team functioning and performance;
- Program and cross-centre responsibilities as part of the local leadership group;
- Managing the organisational interface with clients and external customers;
- Provide effective case consultation and clinical supervision including critical incident de-briefs;
- Maintain client case load as per Centre requirements;
- Provide triage of complex case when escalated;
- Prepare reports and analysis as required;
- Work closely with the Centre manager to develop and improve staff practice;
- Ensure the Group Work Program remains relevant and well connected, with other services within and outside the organisation;
- Ensure safe work practices, monitor and report on all associated risks.
This position is a part time position, working 4 days per week, days of work are flexible and will be discussed with the successful candidate. The annual base salary for this position is between $68,357 to $74,985 (for 4 days per week), plus employer’s contribution to superannuation and annual leave loading.
For a copy of the position description CLICK HERE
Where is the position located?
Sunday 11 November 2018 at 11:30 PM sharp (NSW time).
What benefits are on offer?
Employees of Relationships Australia (NSW) enjoy salary packaging and a number of non-salary benefits that have been designed to assist in their personal and career growth and their well-being. The following benefits are offered to our staff:
- Salary Packaging available to staff based on our Public Benevolent Institution (PBI) status, providing additional reduction in tax payable.
- Salary sacrificing to superannuation, some educational courses and other approved items if desired.
- 5 additional leave days per year (pro rata), to be used between Christmas and New Year, and your Birthday.
- Our peer nomination based Reward and Recognition program based on ‘Living Our Values’
- Discounted fees for courses undertaken through Relationships Australia (NSW) Professional Training.
- Professional development opportunities.
- Additional Study Leave for approved educational courses.
- Comprehensive supervision and support for therapists.
- Access to our Employee Assistance Program.
RANSW is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity and recognises the importance of attracting the right people for the right job. Candidates are selected in accordance with pre-determined selection criteria.
RANSW is committed to creating opportunities for First Nations people, this is a core part of our Reconciliation Action Plan. Australia’s First Nations people are encouraged to apply for this role.
About the Organisation
About Relationships Australia NSW
Relationships Australia NSW is an independent, not-for-profit organisation, dedicated to enhancing relationships within families and their communities in order to foster personal and social well-being. We are committed to building our support for families who are in greatest need, facing complex issues and have limited access to resources and services. Further information about our organisation can be found on our website www.nsw.relationships.com.au
Our vision is "Strong Relationships, Strong Communities".
Our work directly enables people to make positive choices with regard to their relationships and life situations, to strengthen relationships within their families and communities, and to manage conflict and change. The core of our work centres on family relationships. This involves working with individual family members, couples and family groups. We provide services which respect difference and are socially inclusive, recognising that individuals’ backgrounds, values, family circumstances and connections are very diverse. These services draw on expertise in counselling, mediation and dispute resolution, relationship education, and information and referral. More broadly, RANSW works to strengthen community connections which sustain positive relationships. We also advance knowledge and professional practice through accredited education programs and research. Our endeavours are supported by strong collaboration within the national Relationships Australia network and with other partners.
What Guides Us
Relationship wellbeing is at the very heart of a cohesive and productive society. There are many factors in the environment that challenge that wellbeing, and great social and economic costs when relationships are put under pressure or break down. We believe that active relationship support is vital – both to foster healthy and resilient relationships and to offer support at critical stress points.
Our values guide how we engage with one another, with our communities and with our clients (they also form the foundation of our reward and recognition program).
Apply for this Job
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Team Leader, Group Work via Pro Bono Australia.