About the Role
Exciting new contract! Psychologist, social worker or counsellor for therapeutic coaching roles on the Central Coast and in Sydney’s northern suburbs.
Are you passionate about using your super skills with a team to make a genuine and lasting difference in the lives of children, young people and their families?
We can offer:
- Full-time, part-time and job share and job split options depending on the role;
- The chance to contribute to innovative sector-wide changes;
- Peer mentoring, reflective practice, proactive self-care initiatives and professional development opportunities.
To succeed as a Therapeutic Specialist you will need:
- Degree minimum with registration with relevant professional body is a must;
- 5 years’ relevant experience in working with high risk children and young people across your career;
- Thorough understanding of practical approaches to trauma informed care and application of therapeutic frameworks.
We encourage and welcome applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people. Please contact us directly for more information.
Working at CatholicCare
- An opportunity to work for a strength’s-based employer with low turnover, great work benefits, proactive self-care initiatives and in a great team environment making a difference to families, children and young people in the community.
- Regular practice supervision opportunities.
- Assistance with the development and review of plans to support your well-being.
- Access to inhouse and external training and learning opportunities.
- An Employee Assistance Program offering free and confidential counselling and support.
- Salary packaging benefits to receive up to $15,900 of your salary tax-free, as well as additional meal and entertainment benefits (for permanent staff).
- CatholicCare is a child-safe and child-friendly organisation – all staff must comply with our child-safe child-friendly policies and Code of Conduct. The successful applicant will be required to comply with the relevant provisions of the Child Protection (Working with Children) Act 2012.
- All offers of employment are subject to a satisfactory Criminal History Check and successful applicants must provide a Working with Children Check prior to commencement.
- Strong youth engagement skills combined with high levels of professionalism, ethical behaviour and sound understanding of professional boundaries are a must for all members of our team.
If you feel you reflect our organisational values of Respect, Hope, Commitment, Professionalism, Excellence and Social Justice, and you would like to learn more about this or any of our other great roles, or about working with CatholicCare, please visit our website at www.catholiccaredbb.org.au/about-us/careers/
About the Organisation
We are the social care agency of the Catholic Church in the Diocese of Broken Bay.
Belonging to the larger network of Catholic Social Services Australia (CSSA), we provide services to 20,000+ children, young people, individuals and families on the NSW Central Coast, Northern Sydney and Northern Beaches, and have been doing so since 1987.
Due to growth and a new long-standing contract, we are building a new allied health team and adding to the wonderful established teams who work in support of the children and young people who have experienced trauma and neglect.
Apply for this Job
To apply simply email your CV and a letter outlining how your skills, qualifications and experience contribute to the requirements of the Therapeutic Specialist to email@example.com.
Please apply early. Applications will be assessed as they are received.
Please quote in application: Therapeutic Specialists – Psychologist, Social Worker, Counsellor via Pro Bono Australia.