About the Role
- Are you a passionate coordinator with a strong volunteer management background?
- This is an exciting opportunity to be part of an organisation that makes a difference to the lives of Australia’s most disadvantaged children and families
- Based in Adelaide
- Full Time Fixed Term 12 month
The Smith Family is a national, independent children’s charity helping disadvantaged Australians to get the most out of their education, so they can create better futures for themselves. We are now seeking a Volunteer Relationship Coordinator to join our growing team.
The Volunteer Relationship Coordinator position is a role at The Smith Family supporting the largest percentage of our workforce—our volunteers. As a Volunteer Relationship Coordinator you are a vital part of The Smith Family as you coordinate and oversee the effective management of volunteers in SA. You will be exceptionally busy as you go about ensuring your region is well-equipped with knowledge, skills and resources required, as well as increasing the profiling of volunteers and volunteerism within The Smith Family. You will be doing what you love—coordinating, managing and working with both external and internal stakeholders, but you’ll also be part of a larger team who are making a difference every day and helping some of Australia’s most disadvantaged children and their families.
A day in the life of a Volunteer Relationship Coordinator might look like this, but really every day will be different:
- Assisting others to request volunteers, create volunteer position descriptions, and complete associated processes in the database
- Assisting local team members to attract volunteers to available roles
- Scheduling and conducting interviews for certain volunteer cohorts e.g. iTrack Mentors and evaluating applicant suitability
- Ensuring local initiatives maintain a focus on volunteer satisfaction, and on maximising the retention and re-engagement of volunteers
- Identify and implement activities that will enhance volunteer management expertise amongst local team members working with volunteers
It takes a special kind of person to be one of our Volunteer Relationship Coordinator. Successful candidates will bring the following:
- Experience in effective supervision of team members or volunteers, including handling difficult conversations
- Highly developed interpersonal, public speaking and presentation skills
- Excellent written communication skills
- Proficient computer literacy: Advanced skills in MS Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint and Web technologies
Living up to our employment promise, our team members tell us that working for The Smith Family they have great job flexibility and the ability to work alongside committed, passionate and professional team members whilst engaging in challenging, fulfilling and diverse work. In turn, our team members believe that they offer commitment to our vision, mission and values, and effective collaboration with fellow team members to delivery strong performance outcomes.
For further information or to apply, please contact Rose Leto-Rerecic via email at: Rose.Leto-Rerecic@thesmithfamily.com.au
Closing Date: Wednesday, 24 October 2018
Due to the nature of this role, the successful candidate must be prepared to undertake a National Police Check and a Working with Children Check.
We are an equal opportunity employer and are committed to principles of cultural diversity. Applications from people of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander descent are encouraged.
About the Organisation
Apply for this Job
For details concerning this role, please contact
Please send through your CV and Cover Letter to Rose.Leto-Rerecic@thesmithfamily.com.au.
Please quote in application: Volunteer Relationship Coordinator via Pro Bono Australia.